Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's so easy... NOT!

Gingerbread House
Family Home evening night
usually goes a lot snazzier than this!
I usually pick one up at Costso.
This year I said to myself-
"Self, maybe we should try our hand at homemade Gingerbread-Cut-Out-Cookies, and just whip up a batch of Royal Icing?"
and I answered myself-
"Sure, how hard could it be?"
Well...
here is the proof that it's not so easy!
I have some tips for ya-
 #1. After you cut out the pieces make sure not to pull on them too much(mine ended up being all different sizes).
#2. You must cook it long enough(all my pieces were bending)!
#3. If the pitch for the roof is too steep, the roof won't stay put(so we turned ours into an apartment by eating the tips off).
and last, but not least...
#4. Don't move the house till you let the icing fully dry(or it will look like ours)!


SNOW DAY!!!

Yep, I know it's a little Layla show, but the boys won't pose.
Could Logan's feet look any more disgusting?
That pic is actually what his feet looked like after he refused to wear his boots to school.
So we woke up to all this snow in one night, and a message saying SCHOOL'S OUT!!!!
We had a blast, it was perfect "building" weather.
I have a video, but the boys are screaming at each other in it. Oh well, I think I'll post it anyways.


So here is my sad little Henry sporting his bonks, and our Christmas tree. For no reason other than I wanted to document both things.

4 comments:

  1. I think that picture of Lays is one of my all time favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I wonder if I'll ever try a gingerbread house without the kit. Probably not! Your post makes me want SNOW NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Em and cute party for J I love that kid. And come on everybody knows not to move the house until it's dry haha and I laughed at the flat roof cause that's how ours ended up last year so I called it the bunker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun snow play!!! so sad the house tumbled down, cute though!! so cute to see, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete