Monday, October 4, 2010

Celebrate!

I don't know where I would be without my little rug rat.
Actually he isn't much of a rug rat anymore cause he has decided to walk!

Can you believe it?
We are just so amazed at what our little miracle can do.When you look at Henry you don't even know he has anything going on,
 but he does,
and it's serious, 
and I will always wish it wasn't so.
 The thing is that that's looking at life with the wrong perspective. Yes Henry has serious things that we have to deal with, but today he started really walking.
They weren't even sure he would ever be able to do that,
 so today we are celebrating!
Besides today's all we ever have isn't it?
......

I have not always had this positive attitude.
I've been thinking a lot lately about how we felt when we found out about Henry.
I was devastated. Looking back on those 5 months before he was born is painful. I was trying so hard to get through each day. I just couldn't function.
My cousin Jade is going through a similar experience right now, and the sorrow I feel for her is overwhelming. She is 22 weeks, and may not even be able to hold her baby before he goes back home.
I can't hold back the tears.
I don't want her to have to go through this,
 but I know it will make her stronger.
I know Heavenly Father knows what he is doing,
 and I know he loves her little baby just like he loves us all.
I'm so proud of Jade.
 I feel like she already knows everything it took me 2 years to figure out.
The things she says are truly inspiring. I wish I could do more for her, but for now I have added her to my prayers. Each day I pray that Henry will grow healthy and strong, and now I've added Jades little one in that prayer.

14 comments:

  1. He's doing so well.
    What great news to be celebrating.
    Good luck to your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! He is doing amazing! Cutest video ever. Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for Jade.
    And Henry made me cry. I see him improve all the time and I just can't believe it! I love that little monster!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that little Hen. He is a CONSTANT miracle. So sorry to hear about your cousin....she is lucky to have you to lean on during this difficult time. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so amazing. wow. trying not to cry, trying not to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily this is AMAZING!! congratulations Henry!!! :) Hope we'll get to see you all this year at Christmas/New Years when we come up to Boise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So stinkin cute, Henry is the man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously miracle child. Talk about beating the odds!!! Thank-you so much for your love and support you really have made a difference for me..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you don't think this is weird but I randomly came across your blog awhile ago while blog surfing. I met you briefly at your Dad's office this summer (I'm one of the receptionists there). I have a son that was born with multiple abnormalities and so I have gone through the same emotions you have. Tanner's issues are not the same as Henry's and probably not as serious but the emotions were the same for me as well.

    The most important thing that I learned, as you said already, is that the Lord knows what He's doing. He knows each of us and knows that it takes someone so special to be able to handle and endure the difficult, but rewarding, challenges of raising a child that needs extra care and attention.

    I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin, Jade.

    That is so awesome that Henry is starting to walk! That is such a miracle. Every day is a blessing that they're with us.

    I really enjoy reading your blog so thank you. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to see Henry walking. That little boy is a miracle and is one for the books. :) I was also impressed with his little voice, sounds like he's also talking too. That is so wonderful.

    Sorry to hear about your dear cousing Jade and her growing baby. We'll also keep her family in our prayers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah Henry!!! Great walking and I like his hoodie! Keep on going buddy.. love Grandma!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a little miracle baby. And you and your family are great examples to all. The Lord really does know us and wants us to be stronger, even if the lessons are so painful to go through.

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS I just read your cousins blog. My heart is broken for her and her family, and strengthened by her faith as well. I had a good friend who lost a baby to the same thing. I don't know if it would help to know someone who went through it, but here is her blog that is dedicated to her baby as well as having links to other helpful sites http://www.hopewessman.net/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are an amazing woman! And it is such a miracle Henry is walking, wat a sweet little guy!

    ReplyDelete