Monday, October 18, 2010

Water, Freak Outs, and one BIG Hole!

So our Weekend was Crazy!
How was yours?
I had a different video, but it didn't work cause it was too long.
Sorry, the other one made way more sense, and I showed everything better,
but what do ya do right?
The water guy came over to our house on Friday and preceded to tell me that my house was hemorrhaging loads of WATER, and when my "Husband" came home he should go look under our house to check if there was any water under there.
I was like- " I don't want to wait for "He-Man" to come home.
How about you tell me how to fix this and I'll do it myself."
But what I actually said was-
 "Do you think I could do it if you told me how?"(insert helpless female smile here)
So he told me what to do. Then when I went to look under the house I realized that I didn't have a flashlight, so I rigged up a lamp and had Logan hold it. Yes I know I was placing my life in his hands, but I was desperate. When I opened the lid to under my house I almost started to cry.
The whole thing was covered in at least a half foot of water!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I just kept thinking "This can not be happening!"
Crappy right?
Well the crappiest part is that it wasn't covered under my insurance. The leak was literally 1 foot away from my house, and it would only have been covered if it was under my house.
So I reminded myself that I had to stay calm,
called Tom who couldn't come home cause he was due in court,
 then I called his Dad(Tim) to come over,
and then I sat on the couch and went comatose for a while.
 I honestly just sat there and stared at the wall. I hate to admit it, but it is what it is.
I was so worried about how much money, that we didn't have, this was going to cost us!
The pretty cool thing is that while I was sitting there wallowing in my own self-pity,
Logan came over,
 put his arm around me,
laid his head on my shoulder,
 and just sat there quietly holding my hand.
 I am so glad that I have him.
He knew exactly what I needed.
Thanks Loganskie, I love you so much!
Here are a few pics of the experience.

after the first day we had to cover it with this-

The next day we finished up and now it looks normal, but a little dirty.

Tom had so much patience and fun with Lays. He taught her that song while he was working. He actually remembered it from Kindergarten. What a sweetie!

Nice to see a little smile eh?
Anyways apart from the fact that Tim and Tom both almost fell into the hole head-first, everything went well. We were able to do all the digging, and fixing ourselves, and it only cost us a few bucks to replace a bit of pipe. Wow right? Thank goodness Tom's parent's could help!
Now I just think my house smells like wet potatoes, and have had several dreams that we got swallowed up in a sink hole, but other than that it's all good!

14 comments:

  1. How did this all happen?
    That's horrible.
    I'm glad it could all get fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmm I like my weekend better.
    Although now that I think about it we did get an unexpected speeding ticket on the way to our nephews baptism. But none the less I'll take mine. I HATE the helpless icky feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did that happen? You guys don't have a basement right? I can't remember.
    That's why I love my sump pump!
    So glad it all worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's crazy. glad you guys were able to fix it. logan is a little sweetie pie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I HATE that feeling when you realize something is terribly wrong and you don't know how to fix it so you'll have to pay big bucks for someone else to fix it and meanwhile you can't do anything but feel helpless and doomed. I'm SO glad it worked out that well. A lot of work, though! What a very sweet thing for Logan to do, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer you didn't get the other video to work...I liked it! I'm so glad you guys were able to fix it and I love the story about Logan. That is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa Em! That IS quite the weekend. So glad that things worked out. I hate home issues. SO STRESSFUL.

    Logan rocks. Give him a BIG HUG from me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s. we have new blogs!
    kassidibridge.blogspot.com
    happyadventuresof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. holy crap. with all the pics it seems more real and I get it. thanks for the tip. ummmm how the heck did I miss the most amazing video of Henry walking AHHHhh. And TOm & Lays singing LOVE it,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice power tool, Carol!
    Yea I got bad news this weekend, too. UGH!
    I bet this was the cherry on the already sick cake. Hope you feel better.
    How is it that Tom can remember a song from kindergarten, but can't remember anything else from childhood!?!
    I called tonight to see how things went. Good thing for the blog since ya'll never answer your phone! :p

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh...ALSO...
    Is the tug boat really going to keep people from falling into the hole? Nice cover up! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gotta love insurance companies! I'm glad you were able to fix it yourself and not have to pay an overpriced repairman!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yikes! What a disaster. I hate dealing with that kind of stuff! At least it all happened before the snow started. I was thinking about you a ton today-I made your pumpkin chocolate chip bread that I make every year and think about you. I wish you lived closer, it's been far too long! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh dear, oh dear!! so glad you were all so resourceful and got it taken care of!! what a mess though!! happy endings are great...

    ReplyDelete