Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween Happenings!

Happy Halloween.
I called my friend Staci on Halloween and she answered like this-
"Happy Halloween, even though you hate it."
Hilarious:)
It's true that I hate Halloween. I pretty much stop feeling like myself for two full weeks before it, and feel better right after all the decorations are down.When I was in 8th grade our family suffered a tragedy, I lost my little brother on the 30th and I just can"t quite stop the memories and sorrow from coming back. I think it's just that there are so many traditions that you do for holidays so it triggers memories of that time in my life. Over the years I've realized that if I just allow myself to feel a little "Mel-Un-cho-ly" then I get over it faster. By the way if you don't know why I wrote it that way then you really need to rent the kid movie "Mega Mind" cause it is super funny. Anyways...
Here is what we did this Halloween.
On Friday the kids had a "Wear red to stop bullying."
Nice smile Logan.
 Then on Saturday we went to trunk or treat.
It was actually super nice cause the old boys went by themselves,
Tom took Hank around,
and Lays went around with "The Princess Posse,"
Wish I would have taken my camera for that sight. 
There were about 9 of them 
and once it was done they all huddled in a corner and traded candy.



The theme this year was "Hidden Identity"
Lays totally fits in cause no one knew who Cinderella was at the ball!
It's a bit of a stretch, but I'm proud of it:)
 On Monday we went to the kids class parties.
This is Layla with her friend Lailah on the left.
Pronounced the same way so they call my Layla-
Layla-P
Jay was so excited when he saw me walk into his class. I'm certain he didn't
believe me that I was really going to come. 
Logan was so sweet with Hank.
He made the mistake of letting him out of his stroller so we had to let him walk out of the school cause once that kid is free, he is so not going back into that prison.
I took a video of it and I don't know if you can tell, 
but at the end he totally bonks his face on the hand rail.

Yes, I was counting seconds till he fell, but it was out of love for the little trouper.
He just wants to run everywhere and that was a steep ramp.
Last Sunday he ended up in Logan's class(for a number of reasons),
when I went to get him out he jumped up,
started running,
fell,
got snickered at by all the kids,
got back up with his head down(you could tell he was frustrated),
and since he couldn't see it,
ran right into the wall.
Poor kid.
He is just so determined to do everything faster than he probably should.
Monday night we took the kids trick or treating.
Angela is so helpful. She staid home with Hank so Tom and I both got to go with the crazies.

There was a pumpkin shortage on the east coast so we all carved this tiny one.

Today was 80's day
I didn't plan ahead so we just rummaged through the house and created this little gem of an
outfit for Lays. The boys would only do it a little, but I still think they look good considering their
Mother is a slacker:)





p.s. I still need to do the post for when Tom's family was here,
but I need to get the Pics from Tom's cell,
and keep forgetting to get them when he is home.

11 comments:

  1. Sorry man I didn't know why you hated Halloween.
    It's a valid reason for sure.
    I can't believe there was a pumpkin shortage. That's crazy.
    Kids all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin shortage, I only wish. We had like 10 pumpkins to carve. But it was fun taking the kids to the pumpkin patch.
    Always thinking of you and Jack and your family at Halloween. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't know where to begin... can't believe your kids get an 80's day. Lays looks adorable. does it bother you that she is Layla P -i could see it. ha. love you and miss you tons, thinking of you. I seriously gotta see Mega mind i think you have referred to it before, and Sadie saw it with Ryan it is her favorite for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know the 30th was the day... I am sorry. Kids look good. Nice costumes. Henry will always be a determined little guy. No shock, I mean he did learn to walk after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so loved your honesty about the 30th. I tried really hard this year, especially after Mom's funeral - to enjoy this holiday. You made me laugh again and I thank you for it. The video's were great. Henry is so tough!!! loved the 80's also. Did you see Whitney's family photo on facebook for Halloween. I commented to her about the Halloween dress ups you girls would create!!! Where do the years go - by happily I hope, for the most part. love all of you, Mom and Grandma Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps love the sorting into piles of the treats!!! an a very great "small" jack o lantern!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep Susie I so don't like that they call her Layla P. but at least kids don't really make fun in kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  8. layla was way to cute as an 80's girl! miss you and love you and think of you guys often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Logan's face in the pictures. He is just SO dang COOL it kills me! Layla P's 80's outfit is soo cute. Nice job mom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Layla is the cutest and that's all I'll say cause we've talked about the rest in person

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Emily! I love ya! And your kids are way cute!! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete