Monday, April 12, 2010

Birthdays, Easter, a visit from my fam, and the dreaded M.R.I.!

This past little while has been way too busy!
I don't really want to start my post off by complaining... but I don't ever want to have two kids' birthdays (resulting in three parties), Easter, and Henry's M.R.I. all in one week again!
I also doubt that it will ever happen, so there's the silver lining right?
So here is how it went down.
The 31st was Lays' actual Birthday. The party wasn't till the 6th but we couldn't just let it pass so we did gifts, coloured Easter Eggs, she picked all the meals, and we had strawberry short cake with candles for desert. I added pictures to her Birthday post so you can check them out.
The 1st we celebrated that neither Lays, nor Henry had to be born on April Fools day. Don't you think if your Birthday was on that day everyone would target you?
On the 2nd We had Henry's Birthday Party. I hate it when my kids grow up, but I think I hate their first Birthday the worst. Wouldn't it be nice if kids took two years to get as old as they are when they turn one? I always feel like I go through all the horrible pregnancy stuff for like a year. The next year I spend getting myself back together and then my baby isn't a baby anymore! I put more pics on his b-day post too.
On the 3rd we celebrated commercial Easter. Did you know that you can ask the Easter Bunny to come on Saturday? We love it. Then our kids get to concentrate on the resurrection of our Savior on Sunday.
This is them "Easter Bunny" Morning.
Logan decided to celebrate early by waking the entire house up at 5:30am!
He ran around the house locating everyone's basket, and did he keep the secret whereabouts quiet?
NO HE DID NOT!
I was not impressed.
Don't worry, karma sometimes works quickly. Logan found everyone's basket but his own!
So we sent them all back to bed and poor Logan could not find his basket till about 10:00am!
Do you think I should feel bad for him? Maybe I should, but I so don't!
On the 4th We got to watch more Conference.
I love Conference.
On the 5th I spent the day getting everything ready for Lays' party, and for my family to come. That night I went to Missy's house to decorate. We were both so tired that we got laughing and couldn't stop all night. It didn't help that we had to blow up 50 balloons for the rainbow banner. That is when Missy decided to inform me between hysterical laughter how rediculous I looked blowing up balloons! I realized it was true cause she looked silly too, and by then we were aching from the giggles and trying not to wake her kids. Good times, good times. I think we were oxygen deprived though.

On the 6th my family came just in time for Layla's Rainbow Polka-Dot party. So much fun!
On the 7th Tom took us on a tour of the State Capitol Building, we went to lunch at the Food Network featured  restaurant the "Westside Drive In," and then we finished our "touristy" day at the B.S.U. store where Mom bought us all t-shirts! It was fun, but the whole day I was dreading the 8th because Henry had to have his very first M.R.I.!
Isn't he GINORMOUS?
So the 8th started @ 4:30 because Henry had to fast for his procedure and I wanted to give him his final meal. I'm still not sure if this was a good idea cause the turkey decided not to go back to sleep after! So @9:00 Tom and I took him into the Hospital where they were running late so he didn't even get put under till 11:45. The poor kid held up pretty well. He sucked on his soother so hard that it made red marks on his face, and occasionally would spit it out and "yell" at us. For those of you who know Henry, that was it's own little miracle cause the kid likes to eat!
It is hard to describe how it feels when Henry has to go through things like this. I had to help hold him down while two nurses braced his leg and stuck an I.V. in his foot. I had to lay my little sleeping baby down on a bed while a Doctor shot a sedative that stings into his I.V., and try to calm him when he woke up screaming for 13 seconds before the drug kicked in and knocked him unconscious. I had to kiss him goodbye and watch while they took my little baby away. I had to ponder while he was gone that each time they take him away there is a possibility he won't come back. Sometimes people will say "I don't know how you do it!" While I was thinking about that statement I realized two things; #1. There is no other option. We do it because it is what's best for Henry, and #2.  I know myself, and I know I cannot do it alone. I know my Heavenly Father is always with me, calming me, and holding me up. These pictures are taken after they gave him back to me. I am never so happy as when I get him back.
He is my Miracle!

p.s. I still haven't heard the results.
That is good news b/c if it wasn't they would have called me.
I'll write more when I hear.

9 comments:

  1. Glad your crazy week is over. Love all the pics on the b-day posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet blog Em. love the way you posted the pics. your writing is amazing. I'm so grateful you got Henry back and that we were with all of you. love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he does look ridiculously big in that pic with claudia. what happened?

    ReplyDelete
  4. crazy week or so and all I can say is that LaGrande never looked so good. 2 hours was a perfect distance to live. This 30 hour thing is just a joke

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...what a crazy week! You are wonder woman!!!! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a crazy, fun (except for the 8th) time! Your family is adorable and I can't believe how old they all are. Thanks for your amazing example.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are truly amazing! I really do admire your strength. What a busy weekend. I adore those pictures of Henry and Layla on their birthday posts-they look beautiful. I hope that all the news ends up good news. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always a good time at the Perrys house! Glad everything went so well I love birthdays/family visiting!

    ReplyDelete