Friday, April 30, 2010

I swear to tell the truth!

This post is where I decided to tell on myself. The other day we went to the park with some of our friends. Side note-I am so sad that Nate and Staci are moving! O.k. so the first thing that happened was that I heard Jay say to Mags- "You know I could beat you up!" Ahhhhh! I guess I shouldn't say that to my kids when I'm trying to be funny because they must not get the distinction! Then I LOST Lays. It took me about 3 long minutes to find her.  She was in the bathroom! I swear that is just the worst feeling.
Aren't I an awesome mom?
Oh ya, I don't knw how you all feel about letting your kids climb way up in trees, but I used to do it, so I let Logan do it. I did stop him right where he is in the pic so that's good right? I also keep Henry in his stroller most of the time cause that kid will eat anything. The other day he gobbled up a pudgey little fist full of bark and seriously tried to get more before I could stop the little devil.
The other week Lays and Jay started soccer. She likes it for about 10 minutes then she just runs around.
The last game Jay was playing a blue team and Lay ran into the middle of their game and kicked their ball! It was so cute! I think Tom and I think everything Lays does is cute. That may change in the future. The other day Lays and I were watching "Enchanted" I love that movie! Anyways, at the end when they kiss on the roof. Lays turned to me and said- "Kiss me like they do mommy!" Yikes! So I had to tell her that's not how mommy's and their kids kiss. I said she could kiss boys like that when she is 16. Then Tom told her she isn't allowed to ever kiss boys like that. Awww!
Jay really likes soccer this year! Last year Tom was the coach and used to pick Jay up and run him down the field. This year he is doing great. He loves to be the goalie. I may just be his mom, but I think he is really good at goalie! So the other day one of my kids wrote LAYAJAYAL on the couch. I instantly knew it wasn't Lays cause she can't write as well as it was written. So I thought that it was Logan trying to get away with it by writing someone else's name. When I confronted the kids they all said- "I didn't do it!" Then a few days later (it is cold here right now) one of the kids turned the A.C. on. It was set at like 65%! When I asked which one of them had done it they all said- "I didn't do it!" But this time Logan actually knew it was Jay and told on him. I was shocked cause Jay had really seemed innocent. He looked me straight in the eye and everything! That is when I realized it was probably him who had written the name on the couch and had just done a backwards J most of the time! So
I said - "Jay, I am dissapointed in you for lying, and now I know it was you who wrote on the couch!"
To which he said- "No I didn't!"
me- "Yes you did! Don't lie to me Jay!"
Jay-(all shocked and defeated) "How did you know?!!!!" 
Nice eh? Why do we all have to be so tempted to try to get away with stuff? 
ll
I once had a friend say that she didn't think she would be a good mom cause she didn't like to do little kid things. This is a good example of what I told her. I love the Zoo. Not just cause my kids love it, but because they love it, I actually get to talk to my friends without feeling guilty for ignoring them. Then I get to post cute pics of them having fun and look like an awesome mother.
Logan had a "Pinewood Derby" The first run he lost and was so sad he left the gym. I followed and gave him the best motivational speech I think I have ever given.
Logan- "My car sucks! It was so slow! I suck!"
Me- "Yep the car was slow, but that doesn't mean you suck. You and your dad just aren't that good at building a wooden car. You are great at lots of stuff.
Logan- "Mom I don't care. I suck and am not going to race it again!" 
Me- "How do you think the kids on your baseball team feel when they don't make it on base? They don't quit. What about the kids who have trouble with their schoolwork?"
Logan- "Mom, that is so not the same thing!"
Me- (I'm running out of time cause it is almost his turn again) "If you go back in there and act like you don't care if you win or lose then I'll buy you some ice-cream!"
Logan- ( instantly brightens up) "O.K. can it be a blizzard!"
Me- "Yep Log, it can."
 Did I just teach him if he doesn't like something and pouts about it I'll buy him ice-cream? 
Do you ever feel your best speeches are wasted?

14 comments:

  1. What a fun update! I love all your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa! My sister said that if they aren't funny you don't get as many comments so I tried a little harder today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bark? Really Tank?
    I think it's ok for L to climb trees. His Papa does it. :)
    That is cute that L snuck onto the boys field and messed up their game, but only because I am sure she had no idea what she was really doing.
    I am glad J is doing better, but it was funnier when T ran him around the field.
    I wanna go to the ZOO!
    Aww dang! I missed pinewood derby. I wanted to see L's car. (I guess I probably had class or something lame like that.)
    AND
    Yes! You did teach Logan to pout for ice cream! LOL

    Nice post-N work, sis-ola!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and one more reason I think J is just like me... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Em! I can't believe how grown up Logan is! I swear just yesterday he and I got to hang out while you and Tom went to the Temple.
    I know you are a great mom! I am sure that every mom has let her kid eat something inedible - even is she baked it herself :) You really are! And the love you have for your children is tangible! Not that I am shocked - You really are one of the best! One day we will get to be neighbors again! You can teach me all you know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love love all of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Em....I just love you! When I read your stories I feel like you are on the phone telling them to me! Good thing we'll still have phones (and maybe skype) when we move....cause I still want to hear ALL of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm telling you, always a party at the Perrys! I loved all the stories and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great pics Em and I love you. you are an awesome mom. love you tons, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. That J is so funny. You smell like crap. Love all the pics as well

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the pics and all the stories! I have a feeling your next blog post will get LOTS of comments...

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK!Layla's Pink shorts and socks are the absolute cutest things i have ever seen!! her jersey is even cute! and the pig tails... adorable lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK! Layla's pink shorts and socks are the CUTEST things i have ever seen, the jersey is even cute! and the pigtails... adorable!!

    ReplyDelete