Thursday, May 6, 2010

A chat with Lays

The other morning I was having Jay unload the plastic stuff in the dishwasher. He does this every day, but today there was a lot of plastic!
He said- "But there is way more plastic today!"
So I said- "That's just the way the cookie crumbles!"
Lays was sitting at the table drinking some chocolate milk and asked-
"Mom are there cookie crumbs in my drink!?"
So I spent quite a while trying to explain how that was just something people say.
You know like yada, yada, yada, when you split the cookie it isn't very even, and yada, yada, yada, that's just the way it goes so you have to deal with it.
The whole time she was staring right at me, and looked like she was understanding everything.
Then when I was done she said-
"So there's no cookies in my drink?"
I think she understood the "yada, yada, yada," part perfectly don't you?

6 comments:

  1. I was trying to explain 'opposite' to Masaru today and did tragically.
    Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my only idea is to keep it visual, and don't mention cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well to reply to me you need my email address and I need yours.
    That'd help.
    then you can just hit reply when my comment comes to you email account and change the top to my email address instead of noreply.
    melissa.nakaya@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how Jameson is put to work while Layla gets to sit at the table and drink chocolate milk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember you telling me this story, so great to see in writing. Love the picture!!

    ReplyDelete