Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Now That Was Fun!

 Logan got hit in the nose with a baseball last night at his game.
It immediately started gushing blood,so I went running out there with the only thing I could find,(Henry's Blanket) grabbed his head, and started walking off of the field.
When I got back, one of the other moms(a nurse) came running over saying-
"Mom you don't want to hold his head up like that!" (oops)
"You need ice!" (where the heck was I going to find that?)
"You need to pinch his nose right here!" (so when I tried to do it she moved my hand away and did it herself!)
Now I don't profess to know anything about such matters, but it didn't seem that bad to me. We got it to stop bleeding in less than 2 minutes. I was seriously thinking that he could go back out and play when the lady started saying stuff like- "You need to get this looked at mom!" (really?)
"I'm worried about a hematoma!" (what the heck is that?)
I seriously had no idea what that was, but it sounded serious so I took him home and called his doctor! I hate doing stuff like that, they always end up telling you to take your kid in cause they can't tell how bad it is over the phone. So I got him some pain killers and some ice, and we were off to the hospital. The whole time I was torn between me thinking it couldn't be that bad, and wondering if I was only thinking that cause I didn't want to pay for Logan to go to the emergency room which we all know is not cheap! By the way while this was all happening Jen yet again advised me to take a few pics so here they are.
Don't you think it doesn't look that bad? Well, when I got him in to the emergency room and the nurse asked him to rate his pain from one to ten and he said two I finally decided I was right.
It was so not that bad!
So I just looked at the nurse and said- " If this was your kid would you be in here?"
He couldn't answer me straight out, but what he did say was that it looked pretty straight to him and that they can't do anything if it is just a small fracture. I took that as a yes and decided to go home.
He was pretty cool and told me to come back if Logan started feeling sick, or acting "strange". So I had him sleep in our room so I could monitor him through the night. The only "strange" thing that happened was that Logan woke me up at 6:00am b/c he wanted to do some exercises on the arm of my treadmill! The weirdo!

***

And speaking of weirdos. Isn't this right pic just the silliest thing?
I was almost too embarrassed to post it, but I couldn't deprive you of such a perfect opportunity to laugh.
I swear the longer you look at it the goofier he looks!
 
Oh, and I just had to post some pictures of the rest of the crazies too!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping Jevin's identity a secret ;)
    And thank you sooo much for being the best friend ever and taking Dax for me today. That was the best nap ever and my kids will be even more thankful because I wont be tired and grumpy when they get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when you don't know if you should take them in or not - and you're right about the doc or the nurse or the nurse hotline - they always just tell you to go in - so frustrating.
    Where is the good 'ol doc from little house on the prairie that made house calls and only came if it was needed??? No big deal that it took him half a day to load the wagon and bust through the prairie dust to get there:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that Logan got hurt!! you write a cool story Emily!!! love all of the pictures and I did get a good laugh looking at Henry - the doll!! and all of the other crazies!!

    ReplyDelete