Saturday, May 15, 2010

You Can't Always Get What You Want!

I am sad today.
Henry has a physical therapist who comes to our house every other week.
Yesterday she said what I had been expecting, but not wanting to hear.
Henry needs braces for his feet.
I thought it was coming, but it crushed me when it came.
I am so grateful that they are available for him, without braces Henry wouldn't be able to walk properly. We all know he is going to look too stinking cute with his fancy little personalized shoes, so I'm not sad that he has to use them. The part that makes a little piece of my heart break is that he needs them.
I will be fine, he will be great, but I'm just sad today.
"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes well you might find
You get what you need!"
Good song!
Thanks for your prayers. He really is doing remarkably well, and we know why!

6 comments:

  1. Henry is such a stud that all the kids will want them once he does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet little Henry, he'll totally rock those braces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ok to be sad for a bit. As mothers we always want whats best for our kids and anything that might be a trail for them we want to take away. It's a blessing to have these emotions and makes us better moms. We're hoping the braces for his feet help and all goes well. I am in love with that picture of you two. Seriously, Hen totally rocks the mowhawk! He's a stud all the way around.

    Shoot me an email, Angela_Dille[at]yahoo[dot]com and I'll send you our trip dates. We might still be able to meet up with you towards the end of our trip when you get back as well. hugs, A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em, can not say enough how beautiful and sweet that little guy is! pure happiness! he's lucky to have such an amazing mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tears in my eyes and gratitude in my heart!! love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I talked to Grandma this morning. She mentioned Mr. Henry was getting braces. Like Jacklyn said...he will totally rock those braces!

    ReplyDelete