Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Go Celtics!

Tom has been a
CELTICS FAN
since he was little.
The last time he saw a game Larry Bird was playing, and signed something for him!
So what kind of wife would I be if I didn't say "count me in"
when he called me up and said-
Tom-"Hey Em, should we go to the Celtics game tonight?"
Yep, that's how much time he gave me to whip up some green gear, and drag all my kids to D.C.!
It was so much fun!!!
We had been toying with the idea of going to this specific game since Tom got the job,
 but had decided we couldn't be away from the kids(paying a babysitter 1 million dollars)for so long.
Well, Tom solved that by taking us all to the game!
If 5 "nose bleed" seats instead of 2 "o.k." seats meant we got to go, I was all for it.





The kids all had tonz of fun, even Henry, cause he loves to dance to the music.
4th time's the charm. I wanted to show how much fun Henry was having, but whenever I pull out the camera now days he starts to scream,
 cause he wants to see the picture, that we haven't even taken yet!!!
 Lays fell asleep at the game, and fell back to sleep on the metro.
Jay zonked right out on the metro too!
Does this make you laugh as much as it makes me laugh? I was cracking up. I felt like all the people around me on the metro were thinking how mean I was, but I just couldn't not take a clip of it.


And here is Hank still up on the metro.
He actually stayed up till we got all the way home at 12:30am!
I forgot his soother.
All in all a pretty good day, and I got props for being a "cool" wife.

Fast forward to today,
the Celtics have won their second play off game,
  and Tom is dying to go to Boston to see a game in the garden,
because-
Tom-"Emily, it just isn't the same as a play off game, in the GARDEN.
I need to go support the team!!!"
Guess what, I'm not that cool!


11 comments:

  1. I am still laughing at Jameson riding home on the metro. mean mom that you are it was well worth a laugh!!! glad you all got to the game. what a fun family memory even if you could hardly see the floor, were there video play backs up by you? thanks for the blog, keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do you think you'll let him go?
    Sorry you don't have any cheap or free babysitters. That's tough.
    Man those seat ARE far away.
    I think it's awesome you all went.
    What an adventure.
    Good for you guys.
    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think we can afford to let him go.
    Wish we could, wish I could go too.
    No worries on the babbysitter front cause we don't usually go anywhere.
    I miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BOO for not letting him go! Em, you must realize that the Celts only have a couple of playoff games left before they become irrelevant again for 10 years.

    Be cool and let him go!

    Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE how Tom is beaming in the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nate- How much would you spend to see your Lakers? Tom said it would probably only cost as much as one of your bike parts, but I think you're crazy for spending as much as you do on those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you, bro! I can't believe Log and J don't look more excited... bums!
    Hey EM! Be a cool wife and sister and fly me out! I will babysit while you go to Boston haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will not let Brad see this post.
    We already schedule trips to Utah around times when the Lakers play the Jazz.
    And I know the only way I will ever talk him into a family trip to Disneyland is if we hit up a Lakers game too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The joys of a huge city at your disposal! You guys are such fun parents to spontaneously do that. Lucky. (said napoleon dynamite style)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deny would LOVE to go to a game in Boston someday. The boys can raise money to go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fantastic family picture!!! adorable, love it!! cool in the pool!!! happy to be home!! I've heard only glowing reports about how hospitable you have been to the "sellers". thanks. love, Mom

    ReplyDelete