Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tom took us on a surprise trip to...


 So we were just sitting around on Saturday trying to figure out what we were going to do for the rest of the day when Tom came over and said-

Tom - "I've got an idea, do you want it to be a surprise?"

Me-(after a moment of hesitation) "Yes!"

  I said yes for two reasons.
#1. I didn't want to ruin his plans because I can usually find a reason why we shouldn't do whatever it is he wants to do, and he usually ends up calling me a
"wet sandwich" from our new favorite movie "The Fantastic Mr. Fox" it is so strangely funny! 
And is one of those movies that can generate lots of "quotes" for Tom,
hence the "wet sandwich" expression which I was trying to avoid this time. 

#2.- Who doesn't like a good surprise? 
I really like them, but Tom usually can't keep the secret by telling me too much info.

So we packed some supplies, and all jumped into the car.

Right before this I was talking on the phone with my friend Nikki and we were discussing this way fun little book that we both just read. I am so excited about it, but I guess that if I kept going on about it I'd be rambling, so I'll just get back to the story, and if you need a good book give me a call and I'll tell ya about it!

So while we were driving Henry tried on Logan's hat, which I thought was, well, adorable!
The roads around here are not what we are used too,
so I took some pics of the drive.


Guess what, Tom didn't ruin the surprise this time, but Logan did.
Oh well it was a great idea anyways.
Tom took us to-

BALTIMORE! 

 It's a pretty cool city.


 We wanted to go to a game, but right when we got there it started to poor.



So we took some pics, then ducked inside their museum to wait it out.
So all in all
apart from the fact that the rain stopped us from going to the game,
and apart from the fact that Tom walked us 6 blocks into the wrong side of town,
and apart from the fact that Logan was staring at a man 
who was wearing at least 12 gross filthy coats and had no shirt or teeth,
and apart from the fact that on our other side there was a Lady digging through the trash,
once we got back to the right side of town walking as fast as we could,
we had a pretty fun trip!


p.s. We wanted to just rent a hotel and drive to New York the next morning and see the sights, but in the end I put the kabosh on that idea, so I actually did end up getting called a "wet sandwich" for the the rest of the weekend.

11 comments:

  1. That's crazy that you can just hope in a car and be THERE.
    You live in a great place.
    I'd jump in the car in Boise and end up in Idaho City, yaaaa us right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would trust Tom more often he has great ideas! I can't believe you nixed a trip to New York you're crazy!!! I've officially decided we need a trip to see you guys it looks like so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, when we went to the beach Tom was like- "Emily, if we were in Boise we'd drive 3 hrs and end up where? Now we are at the beach!!!" It's really nice to focus on the bright side, but I still miss Home every day.
    Jade, you have got to come A.S.A.P. cause I am a terrific hostess:) And I promise we will make it to New York soonish,
    it was just so late in the day,
    and I didn't have my contact case,
    or a toothbrush,
    or hairspray to fix my bangs...
    you are so right, I am a "wet sandwich!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki, I spelled your name wrong, and just fixed it! Sorry, and I promise we will go sooner than later:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the pictures and story!!! you are an amazing family and we adore all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wet sandwich or not we are so coming to partake of your hostess talents!! Don't know when but we ARE coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!!!!!!!!! Missy we all miss youz guyz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Good morning Baltimore!" Please tell me you know what song I am referring to. :) And you totally should have gone to New York.

    ReplyDelete
  9. just reread the blog and when you said it began"to poor" I had to laugh!!!!! pour is like when it rains too much!!!! I love you Emily: thanks for making me laugh and you are not a "wet sandwich". I have not watched that movie but I will talk to Tom later!!!! love and miss all of you tons!!!!

    ReplyDelete