Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day Trip to

 Luray Caverns
Yesterday we went to these way cool caverns.
They are only a little over an hr away and the drive was so nice b/c
for starters we haven't seen open spaces for 6 months,


and it was nice to see some mountains again! Hahaha!
They actually call these mountains!
Oh how I want to take them all home so they can gain some perspective:)

Anywho it is, of course, way beautiful despite the ill named landscape.
And just look at what can be found below the ground.
At one point lays says to me-
Lays-"Mmmm, Mom it smells like marshmallows!"
It actually kind of did, but then shortly after that it started smelling slightly of feet.
Henry was so good.
He loved it!
This was a little pond that perfectly reflected the roof. Really cool.


I love this shot of Tom and Lays.
You can really start to feel how huge it was down there.



This musician figured out that the stalactites, and stalagmites were musical if you tap them,
so he built this amazing "player piano" thingy, and it plays a rendition of "A mighty fortress is our God."
I only got a little bit of it, but it was "T"amazing!


I so did not know that Hank was hanging out of his stroller by the end of it.
Poor kid, it was a lot of ups and downs:)

5 comments:

  1. Man that place is amazing and so worth the trip.
    Love the videos.
    That pond was just beautiful.
    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome!!!! Do you remember the Lewis and Clark Caverns??? Kind of reminds me of them, but no playing of a song!!! that is something to really look forward to; being there with you and your family,,,, love love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet, there are tons of caves around here but I haven't been to any of them yet. And are you shocked that I am commenting? I love your blog I just suck at comments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack What the heck were you doing up so early? I mean I know it was probably Simon, but I do those feedings in a sleepy coma!
    Mom I do remember Lewis and Clark Caverns. Where are they though?
    Melissa, I think your posts are slightly more beautiful, but for under ground beauty I'll have to agree with ya:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love caves! Super jealous about this post, and you look way cute! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete