Monday, September 12, 2011

1st Day of School!

Poor Poor Henry...
and Poor Poor ME!!!
We both got left behind today.
I've been dreading this day for so long.
What day you ask?
Well I'll tell ya...
I've been dreading the day
that the school system gets more of my kids during the day than I do!
It's tragic isn't it? 
...
Lays started all day kindergarten,
Jameson started his first day of grade one,
 Logan started 4th grade,
and little Brother got left behind.
This morning while I was driving Tom to work Lays said-
"Mommy while I'm gone just think about all the things we like to do together and you won't forget me."
Ouch:(
Then she told Tom, who was going to go to a dinner tonight-
"Daddy just look at the pictures of our family, and you'll remember us while you're gone to dinner."




Before school started Logan was talking to Lays and he said-
"Layla if anything happens, you just tell your teacher what room I'm in and I'll come take care of you."
"Jameson and I are your big brothers and we won't let anyone bully you!"
"Mom I need you to get me Layla and Jay's room #'s so I can take them to their class this morning."
What a sweetie. He is such a great older brother.
When Lays got to the bus stop she went right up to some "older girls"
and said to them-
"Hi, I'm Layla!"
"I have a Hello Kitty lunch box"
(then she does a 180 craning her head back around)
"Do you like my backpack?"
"I like your hair!"
The girls were so nice to her,
but you could tell that they wanted to talk to each other.
It was so darling.
I just kept picturing her getting into trouble (just like her mom, and dad)
for talking in class too much.
She came home and told me that her teacher taught her-
"One two eyes on me," then the kids say "one two eyes on you!"
Then she said- "I like saying that a lot mommy!"

When Jameson came home I asked him if he made any new friends and he said-
"Mom, you don't have to worry about me, I have friends from last year in my class."
"I accidentally called my teacher by my old teachers name!"
"I really like my new bus driver. I think I like her better than my old one."
He is such a sweetie!

Well, they all said that they had a great day,
and Hank and I actually had lots of fun today too, so I guess it's
good that they are learning things and having fun.


6 comments:

  1. Wow I can't believe you're at this stage.
    This is CRAZY.
    When did all of this happen?
    Man I'm not ready for this at all.
    I'm just trying to handle my eldest starting.
    I'm in for a lot of sad days I guess in my future.
    Have fun with just Henry and I hope the kids continue to love school.
    NZ has all day school the minute you turn 5, and we're all ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa, good to know it isn't as crazy as it sounds:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeks! both my kids are gone to school right now and i have nothing to do! i'm so glad it's only half day kindergarten here. i already tidied and folded laundry and started the crockpot and still 2 more hours?! i thought it would be so glamorous to have an afternoon to myself. actually naps are kinda glamorous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally picture Layla just walking up and talking to the older girls. Just like Magsy. And love the big brother stuff, too! Kindergarten should not be all day though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Layla! I am so glad you had a great day.
    J and Logan, you are the best big brothers in the entire world!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my heart is full and my eyes are wet!!! what a great bunch of grand kids!!! thanks Em. love to all of you - such a fun and exciting day!! Henry you'll be an amazing help for your MOM and DAD and brothers and sister!!!! love the comments and the video....

    ReplyDelete