Thursday, October 13, 2011

We miss the Starnes already.

So my friend Staci is "T"amazing, and super fast with her posting of their trip to come see us, so I think I'm going to steal it:)
(just a little F.Y.I.- The day after they left TOM'S FAMILY CAME and will be here till Monday, and then 2 weeks after that MY FAMILY IS COMING, so I really am swamped)
I know it's super lame of me to steal her posts, but I really like what she wrote, so I'm going to just do it. That's right people, I am STEALING Staci's blog post, and it start's like this-
Wow. Where to even BEGIN?? The past 6 days have blown by and we have definitely made some lifelong memories. I guess I should start out our adventures by just saying how much we LOVE the Perry's.(we love you guys too) We met in our old Boise ward a few years ago. Em and I hit it off right away serving the Beehives in our ward and we soon became fast friends. Who would have guessed that a couple of years later we would BOTH be moving away from Boise. Friendship knows no distance and this is a very rare and special thing to find...especially when both wives and husbands get along SO well. Emily is a dear and treasured to friend to me. She is such a light in my life and I am so grateful to both Tom and Emily for rolling out the red carpet for us.(aw, it was nothing) They made us feel so welcome and we had an INCREDIBLE time. The friendship we share is unfathomable(she wrote that cause we made them watch Mega Mind). ☺

I think I'm going to have to break up this post as not to completely OVERWHELM myself. I took about 500 pictures so, I have some major condensing to do!

We flew in on Thursday evening. I had a sneaky suspicion that Em would so something silly(what the "cuss," I was under the impression that it was mandatory) at the baggage claim. Sure enough, everyone was all lined up with some beautiful Gem State signs for us! LOVED it!!!


Then we jumped into the car and were off to see the DC temple. We found ourselves in some SERIOUS traffic which was a bit of a shocker to this small town gal(I just remember thinking that it was a mater of seconds before I was not going to make it to the restroom). Once we got there though, we knew it was TOTALLY worth it!(you forgot to put how I freaked the workers out at the visitors center cause I went tearing in their to use the facilities. They told me after that they thought someone was chasing me. Oops, I probably should have thought that through, but it sooooo could have ended badly if I had tried to pace myself)



After the temple we grabbed dinner and headed back to The "Perry Estate."(it's amazing how much house you can get when you're a renter) Homes over in DC are all HUGE and BRICK and GORGEOUS! Em had a beautiful basket of all sorts of treats and goods for us laying our bed. She is the cutest ever!!(stop... you're making me blush)

3 comments:

  1. LOL
    I think it's so funny you're stealing her post.
    So does she post the whole six days in six posts?
    I'm glad you guys got to see each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to steal all of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the ad-in parts. I may just have to STEAL your post back and replace it with mine!!

    You are so funny.

    ReplyDelete