Saturday, October 1, 2011

First Day Of Grade One Traditional Cookie!

 I didn't post this when I should have.
We actually did give it to Jay on the first day of school, but I didn't download the pics till now.

 My mom started this tradition to get her kids excited about going to GRADE ONE because it was for the whole day, and not just half day like Kindergarten, and we all loved it!
 Well, I did it for Logan on his first day of GRADE ONE, and he loved it!
Then last year I did it for my friends web site so the kids ended up with one even though none of them were starting GRADE ONE, and they loved it!

But I had a harder time deciding what to do this year cause-
  it was Jay's first day of GRADE ONE, but he had already gotten one last year,  and he had already been going full time for half of last year, and it was actually Lay's first full day of school so wouldn't it be more like Lay's first whole day? So after all that back and forth, I just decided to stick with the "first day of GRADE ONE"celebration!
The middle child in me supported this decision thinking that Jay deserved his very own cookie and I didn't want him to feel slighted.
Well, when he got home he said-
Jay-"Mom, I got one of these last year. Shouldn't it be for Layla?"

Oh well, I don't mind making another one next year:)

5 comments:

  1. pheewsh I can copy the bridge tradition, I totally remember hearing about this and I was all wondering when i needed to do it and what not. I got 2 years before I can adopt this into our own. I think lays looks like you, she is just so stinking cute.
    it's me susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay cracks me up. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! You blew it and of course J called you on it. Love that kid!
    Also funny that you put both Grade One and 1st Grade on the cookie.
    You are a good mommie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go JAY!!!!!! I am so happy that your Mom is keeping the tradition started by her Mom (Grandma Claudia) soooo longgggggggggg ago!! keep smiling, all of you - love from Raymond and beyond!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete