Monday, November 30, 2009

Angels in Blue Jeans!

Last year we went with some friends to chop down our own
Christmas Tree up in the mountains. It was so fun,
and went so well that we decided to make a Tradition out of it.
This year did NOT "go so well!"
We got stuck in a snow bank, on an unplowed narrow mountain road
because a truck came around the corner trying to pass us!
The driver of said truck left us stranded in our kid-filled van,
out of cell phone range because he didn't have a chain!
I'm not going to lie to you, we were worried.
The phrase "up a creek without a paddle"really
started to make sense to me, but barely 5 minutes passed
until these two men showed up!
These guys hooked us up and pulled us out like they had done it
1000 times, and come to find out, they have done it a ton of times.
Thank heaven for good Samaritans!
What would we have done without them?
I wish I had the sense to get their address instead of their picture,
but I didn't so I'm thanking them on my blog,
which they will never even see.
That still counts doesn't it?

So here is the tree we almost slid off a 15 foot ledge for.

-undecorated-

-decorated-
So my thanksgiving note is...
I'm thankful that we didn't fall off the 15 foot ledge,
and I'm thankful for Angels in Blue Jeans!!!

5 comments:

  1. ahhh what an adventure. lov that you get a real tree I'm lame mine is fake and but i do love it. I'm loving the sneak peek at your cute family picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! the wonderful days of going up in the mountains to cut your own tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Layla's picture looks like Cindy-Lou-Who. It's so cute! Hope we'll see you guys after Christmas- we'll be staying with Lisa in Boise for a few days. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Patty. Very cute hair, Em. Glad your two year tradition ended up ok. May I recommend chains next year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, yes... if anything thanking someone in cyberspace has to count for something!

    ReplyDelete