Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Girls are cool too!

I love my boys!
They are so wild and fun, but
tonight I had to put Logan in his place!

He was telling us an animated tale of gym class
when the terrible offence occurred.

It went a little something like this.
Logan- "We played this new tag game.
Everyone is "it" and the last person to get tagged wins.
Me- "That sounds fun, do you like it?"
Logan- "Yep, I won once, but today I got tagged.
Jevin got tagged by a girl!!!"
Yep, he really said it, and kept going too!
Me- "Hey, what's wrong with that?"
Logan- "You know, that's like saying you throw like a girl!"
Me- oh no, not my son"Hey Logan did you know when I was in grade 6
I was the fastest kid in the school?"
This is where two things happened at once.
Logan gave me the most disbelieving look I have ever seen, and
Tom burst out laughing so hard that it took on that annoying ha, ha quality.
Logan- "Dad, was she really?"
Tom- still laughing "She says she was."
Logan- "Mom, I'm faster than you are!"
I tell ya, "I don't get no respect!"
Me- "That is because I just had a baby...
lets race in a year!"
Logan- "O.k. but I'm only going to be faster next year!"
So, yada, yada, yada...
Logan and I have a race set for
next summer, winner gets a buck.
While I was telling this story to my friend,
she said that there was a father on "The Biggest Loser"
who let his daughter beat him in a race. To which I replied,
"I know, I saw it last night."
I am still laughing so hard at the whole thing.
I can't believe that I let my 8 year goad me into
racing him for money, but
we females have got to stick together, am I right?

9 comments:

  1. thanks for the funny story, I hope it is a close race and that you win!!!! keep training Logan! love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. alright for sure I put my money on whipping fast Emily Bridge. that is so hilarious, I am dying lauging. Do you take a pic of your kids every Sunday? Impressive

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Logan...
    You can't win a race when you run like a gazelle mixed with a cow. You better learn to really run this next year! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. youre not going to let him win are you? once i thought i could beat derek. it wasn't even close, and i don't think he even tried. for some reason i really thought i could beat him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the support girls. I am so not going to let him beat me. But we actually did race right after I had Henry and he beat me by a foot! I have gotten slower, and slower. Susie I forgot about that name... so embarrasing!!!! Linz I think when guys grow up they have "old man strength," not fair right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna see you race! Let's make a block party out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha I want to be there for the race...team Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We do have to stick together! He is such a funny little man. I love all the pictures you have on here. I haven't checked up on you in a while-you have such a beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha Can I be in the audience for this race?

    ReplyDelete