Friday, December 4, 2009

Jameson is 5!

HAPPY GOLDEN
BIRTHDAY
JAMESON
CLINT
PERRY!(you know 5 on the 5th)
We had a lot of fun decorating for this one.
When Jay turned 4 I told him about
Golden Birthdays
and he never forgot. I'm not kidding,
he talked about it all year!
So when I asked him what kind of cake he wanted
he instantly said, "GOLD" of course!

My little man is 5 years old today!!!
I can't believe it. Where does the time go?
It seems like only yesterday I was trying to teach him
how to hold down a few of his fingers to show how old he was,
now he is a whole hand! When I informed him of this he got the
hugest grin on his face. It sure doesn't take much to get my
J-man to smile. On the flip side, it doesn't take
much to make him ticked either.

ItalicI have two stories to illustrate my point.
#1. Sweet Jay
Jay- "Mom, you are more Beautifuler than
everyone in the whole world!"
Me- "Thanks Jay that makes me so happy!"
(then Layla comes booking it into the room in a furry)
Layla- (hands on hips) "Hey, I'm beautiful too!!!"
Jay- "No, Mommies prettier!"
Me- "Jay Layla is your prettiest sister right?"
Jay- "O.k., I guess she can be my prettiest sister."
(like he has a choice)
#2. Not so sweet Jay
Tom- "Jameson, Mommy and I decided that you get
to choose whether you want just me and Mommy
to take you out to lunch on your birthday,
or if you want Logan, Layla, and Henry to come too.
Jay- "I want to take Daddy and Logan and Henry...
and Layla, but not Mommy!"
OUCH RIGHT?
Jay was mad at me for sticking him in "time out" when Tom asked him.
Tom- "That wasn't one of the options!"
It took him about 10 minutes to decide,
but I was finally invited.

Jameson is truly an original!
When we were putting him to bed last
night , I was talking to him about when he was born.
He soaked it all in loving every detail,
and when I was done I said,
Me- "I sure love you a lot."
Jay- "So you wouldn't trade me?"
Me- "Nope Jay, I would never,
never, never, never, trade you!"


p.s. When I put Jay to bed he always wants me to sing
two songs to him, the "Shrek" theme song "Somebody
once told me the world is gonna roll me", and
"Adel vice" from "The Sound of Music."
I love my little odd ball!




7 comments:

  1. emily this is peter,
    lol loved it good old jim jam
    the best part of that whole thing is when he asks you if you will ever trade him lol lolo
    got me good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Happy Birthday! Birthdays are the best! Darling pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I had no idea Logan was practically strangling Henry in that picture. Good thing he isn't as fragile as we thought he would be! lol
    Happy Birthday, J Big Foot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously? He has you sing "somebody once told me the world was gonna roll me?" HAHAHAHA. That is the funniest thing ever. He is such a silly little guy! Happy Birthday J!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How come I didn't really know or celebrate golden birthdays till now. You are so awesome. Jameson is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahah oh man i Love JAy!!!! all these stories are killing me Em!! Golden birthdays are the best, im still rocking with laughter about the songs you sing him when he goes to sleep! i dont know why it hit me so funny hahaha Miss ya tons!! cant wait for you to come at christmas!! love: #1 Sister

    ReplyDelete