Monday, March 29, 2010

We took a little trip!

Hello good old Moscow, we missed you!
This last week we went to our old stomping grounds because
Tom was asked to be on a panel at the Law School.
I was excited to show the kids the Moscow in my memories.
Some things were still the same, but some were a dissapointment.
We got to show Jay where he was born, but the cool black bears at the research center had been replaced with big horn sheep.
(By the way in case you aren't aware, sheep are so not as cool as bears to a kid, actually to anyone!)
 We got to show the boys the two apartments that we lived in while Tom was going to Law School,
but the Taxi Cab that is in front of our old house was broken, and disgusting!
The steering wheels were completly missing, and the bottom was full of mud, yuck!
Thats them standing in front of it in the pic. I couldn't even let them get in it was too gross!
 Why must things always change? At least the food at our favourite restaurant
Loco Grinz
was still "tamazing"!
I also got a shot of the cows with the hole in their side.

Now that is something that I have never seen before, have you?
(My kids liked these way more than the sheep!)
Hanging out with the Nakaia's was fun too.
Tom and Dru were mission buds, and we have always
 kept in touch. Dru is going to Law school in Moscow right now.
 When we first met Melissa, I only had Logan
 now look at all of them. To quote Melissa, "we have a tribe man!"
Looks like we need more girls eh?
This was, all in all, a good trip. It was just two days, which allows for a smaller degree of annoyances,
 and not too long of a drive which also allows for a smaller degree of annoyances!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you called it your old stomping grounds. Why do things have to change eh? I promise the drive may be a little longer but really if you meet me in Raymond its like nothing has really changed it will be worth the trip, no matter the annoyances. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun. I love a little weekend trip once in a while.

    ReplyDelete