Monday, July 18, 2011

Story Time!

Can any one guess whatz up?
So we have 
Chick-fil-A
Over here, and every so often they give out free food if you come dressed like a cow!
So when Angela came over it was one of those chick-fil-A days and she said we should do it.
The thing is that you have to have something on your head, chest, and legs.
This is how it went down-
Angela- "Hey, we should take your kids over to chick-fil-A and get them free food!"
Me-"I don't have anything for them to wear."
Angela-"Em I've seen lots of people go wearing garbage bags."
Me-"Hmmm."
so yada, yada, yada...
Logan-"I am not wearing that!!!"
Jay- "It looks like a dress!"
Angela-"You guys are wimps. 
Uncle Peter would do it,
He'd wear it for no reason,
He'd wear it to SCHOOL for no reason!
Jay-"O.k., but you can NOT put these pictures on your blog Mom! 
If you do I'll rip it off right NOW!"
(Too bad he didn't really think that threat through b/c I got it on here anyways, don't tell Jay!)
After all that finagling,
Angela finally convinced them to go,
and as soon as we got there,
this little girl walks right up to Logan and says-
Little brat-"Why are you wearing a dress?"
Logan gives Angela this look containing a mixture of embarrassment, anger, and pleading in his face
so Ang mercifully says- "You can take it off, we already got our food."
Poor Logan!
What's wrong with us?
The crazy things we make kids do!
Speaking of  crazy things...
I



sort



of 



dyed



my



hair


 
pink!


No, I'm not going through a little middle aged crisis!
Layla's darling C.T.R. 4 teacher who is so sweet and would always have the kids do 
"group hugs"
Has just been diagnosed with cancer.
It has shaken our little ward.
I don't know her well at all, but wanted to send her love by joining the ladies in our ward,
and I mean almost all of us, by dying our hair pink.
Everyone wore PINK to church for her too.
This is her in the center of the first pic.


Isn't that so cool? No one asked anyone to do it. We just all showed up, and everyone was in pink!

Oh, and Angela did my pink hair for me when Tom and I went to the movies 
with some new friends of ours.
I was worried they would think we were too strange b/c we are Potter crazy,
but then I figured they needed to find out some time right?
She took a video, and I realized that this is pretty much the first video of me ever on the blog.
Tom's not much for taking pictures and what not.

10 comments:

  1. I hope you liked the movie.
    dru and I need to catch up on like 5 of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you saying that people who dye their hair REAL colors must be going through some kind of mid-life crisis? hmm...
    Also, I think you should make it a permanent thing! You know I'm a fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing the video of you totally made me cry. I miss you so much! :( And I actually think you look way cute with your pink hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the love Marie. You made me cry by saying you cried! Lisa I dye my hair blonde so no, I was only referring to BRIGHT PINK:) Melissa it was soooooo good! You should catch up once Dru takes the bar. It would take forever though, like a Harry Potter WEEK or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When are you coming home to visit, and by home I mean Boise, because the people here will always think of this place with you in it. Miss you and darling hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nikki! I miss you too!!!! You are so sweet. I always had so much fun when we got together. Twilight is coming up and I'm sick I won't be there. I can't get home till next summer, but I'm planning on staying for a good while!!! I miss all your good book recommendations too. Got any for me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I know you were referring to the PINK... as am I referring to the multiple colors in my hair and my apparent mid-life crisis. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. love, love the chic-fil-A... so amazingly funny. angela looks amazing!!! such sweet sisters together. love the support the sister in your ward received from everyone!!! what unity!!! video is tremendous - just got big hugs from the Michael family. they are here!!!!!! more later

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emily, I have a SLEW of good books for you, do you have my e-mail?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only you can dress your kids up like cows and still have them look adorable!
    Oh how I miss you, em.
    Come home.
    Hoser.

    ReplyDelete