Friday, February 12, 2010

HAPPY VALENTINES WEEKEND EVERYONE! TO QUOTE LAYS, "I HOPE IT'S A TAMAZING BALENTIMES DAY!"

This week was a lot of fun. On Tuesday Jameson, Layla, and I made Valentines for their little preschool friends b/c their parties were on the next day. So on Wednesday I woke up to Lays trucking into my room, shoving a card into my face, saying...
Layla- "Happy Balentimes day Mommy!"
This was taken after their parties. Layla can only be so happy for so long! Jay really likes the kids in his class. He had a rough start this year and I was so excited to hear his teacher tell me that "Jameson is so polite and helpful!" This just proves that prayers are answered b/c I really was at a loss at knowing how to help my little middle child!

Logan had fun this Valentines day as well. He spent most of Wednesday night writing his classmates names on his Valentines. When we started he and I had a very heated conversation over the 6 different quotes he had to choose from. It went a little something like this...
Me- "Hey Log you have to use all of your cards so lets make sure to put the girls names on the one that says "be mine" o.k.?"
Logan- "NO WAY!"
Me- "If you don't use it for the girls than you will have to use it for the boys!"
Logan- "No way, no way, there is a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y no way that I am asking a girl to "be mine!" Are you crazy?"
Me- "Logan you will run out of cards and end up asking a boy to "be mine!" Are you sure you want to do that!"
Logan- "Oh... I guess we can put the girls names on them then."
Awesome right? I am glad that he doesn't really like girls yet, and even more glad that he doesn't like boys. It makes things a whole lot easier wouldn't you say?

I saved the best for last. Henry is doing some amazing stuff right now. Lots of kids with spina bifida don't walk till they are around 2 or 3, or not at all! The other day I posted how he can support his own weight all by himself. When I showed his physical therapist she was thrilled! She said that she didn't expect him to be able to do that for a long time. The cool thing about Henry is that he has no clue how awesome he is. He isn't old enough to understand that he shouldn't be able to, so he just does it! Now he has decided that he wants to not only do that, but why not get himself up all by himself too. I can't fully explain how I feel. I hope and pray for him to be able to do these things and work with him every day to help him to do them, but when he actually does them I am just so full of shock, gratitude, and so much joy that I want to burst! My brother Mike said that, "you sound like one proud momma!" I guess that's what I am. One proud mom. (I never say momma)

10 comments:

  1. Great pics of all your kids...they look so cute! I love that Henry smiles on cue! I'm so happy he is doing so well! Hopefully someday he'll realize how hard you work with all his exercises! You're a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, how fun. cute pic of everyone! i love when henry did this little half smile in the video, it was soooooo cute! way to go henry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be proud as well. He's doing awesome. What a wonderful child.
    Happy Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. go Henry and tell Layla happy balentines day from us. And the header is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha look at those tiny feet under those huge legs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tmazing is such an awesome word. I think I will incorporate it into my everyday language. :) Henry is too cute....what a determined and strong little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this post. Your kids are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I HAD to come and say how I loved your last comment about little Jay. I love how you show your canadian pride, tis sad to lose it. must. visit. often. RIGHT

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the lovely Vday party pics and the video of Henry. the picture on the side of the grandchildren is so sweet. thanks tons and you should be happy to be a proud momma!!!! love from yours..

    ReplyDelete
  10. What can I say? Your kids are rock stars!

    ReplyDelete