Monday, February 8, 2010

Sometimes seeing the pic right after I take it is not a good thing!

I used to take "Sunday Morning Snapshots"of the kids.
I seriously only had time to say "Smile kids," take the picture, and run out the the door.
Now we have 8:20 church so I have zero time in the morning.
This simple time change has taught me a lot about myself.
I am obsessed with the notion of "The Perfect Shot."
I took these pictures yesterday after church.
Since I wasn't under a time crunch I just kept snapping
hoping that at least one would work.
I found myself begging, pleading, and
(though I'm so mad at myself) yelling at them to
#1. Look at the camera, and #2. Smile!
This is how it went...
Me- "Hey guys before you change I want to take a picture."
I get them all in the front room and Henry starts to cry.
I'm not worried though b/c Hen is a Ham and loves to pose.
Tom- "This is not going to work! Henry is crying let them go change."
Me- "It's o.k. he won't once I get out the camera."
So I get everyone on the couch and
Me- "Everyone look over here,
look at the camera,
smile,
say cheese!!!"
1st shot- Logan's eyes are closed!
(Henry did great)
2nd shot-Logan opened his eyes WAY TOO MUCH!
(Henry did great)
3rd shot- Jays eyes are closed!
(Henry did great)
4th- Jay is looking off into space. That never happens!
(Henry did great)
5th- Lays felt like it was her turn to close her eyes.
(Henry did great)
6th- Hand in the face.
7th-Everyone looking everywhere.
8th- One smile, one kid looking at camera!
9th- No one looking at camera!
10th- Only Henry looking.
11th- Only Henry looking again!
Me- " Could you guys just
look
at
the
camera
and
say
cheese!!!!
12th- Everyone looking,
but worst than the first.
Tom- "O.k. that's it. Now all you have is 1000 pictures
that aren't any better than the first!"
And he was right.







8 comments:

  1. I love how you did the photo collages with an emphasis on each kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say that the "perfect picture" is just capturing the moment and the moment is not always perfect. I love it that way, they all look so cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL
    I can't believe you can actually get good shots with four kids.
    Makes for a great post though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha I love it. You are a good women to even attempt such a feat. I'm with Jack though they all look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah tom. the voice of reason. (i like the top middle one where logan and layla look possessed.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hen has an awesome cheese smile! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make me laugh! Funny post and so true when you're trying to just get ONE good shot. I usually end up liking my first shot the best, even though I hated it to begin with.

    ReplyDelete