Friday, February 19, 2010

It finally fell out!

Jay lost his first tooth! It had been hanging there for about a week before Tom and I bribed him to let us pull it out! You may want to ask him if he is a little young to lose a tooth, and to quote the kids favourite T.V. show(Phineas and Ferb),
Jay would tell you- "Yes, yes I am."
But if you only knew the whole story, you'd know that he dodged a date with the dreaded...
Big Silver Tooth!
The story goes a little something like this- When Jay was two he banged his tooth, bad! We don't even understand how, but it was like hanging 3mm's lower than the other one! I was so worried. Call me vain, but I did not want my tiny little darling child to have a silver tooth for the rest of his life! You know those fake silver ones that look like "bling!"Now we all know it wouldn't really have been the rest of his life, and you actually can get a white tooth, but at the time I didn't have the $1000's to spend on a baby tooth, and three or four years felt like forever so that is why I over dramatically, as only a girl can, state that it would have ruined my little guys smile for the rest of his life! How did he bang it you ask? Now, I'm not blaming Logan, but I could if I wasn't so nice! So we rushed him to the Dentist and while we were waiting he bit down which pushed it back in place. I got excited thinking that it might be o.k., but that dang Dentist dashed my hopes warning that it would most likely turn grey and fall out soon! What the heck does "soon" mean? Well to all of our excitement, that Dentist bet on the wrong kid! Jays tooth held on for three years, and it was so white that he got one whole Dollar!!!

What a nice Tooth Fairy!

Jay got a $
Jay got a $
Jay got a $
HEY HEY HEY HEY!!!!!
He may look happy in these pics, but when he first looked at himself he was furious with Tom for pulling it out. Jay is all about his "looks." We do not agree on what looks "Good", but he usually gets his way. My sister Sophie commented one time that "She wasn't going to let that happen when she has kids." I love "THE CIRCLE OF LIFE." I totally remember thinking exactly what Sophie said. Then I had Jay! One winter I seriously could not get him out of the house with pants on unless I let him wear basketball shorts, not under, (which would have been nice) but over the pants. Don't you love that visual I just painted in your mind? Yes, I went out of my house with my kid wearing basketball shorts over his pants repeatedly! It was nerdy, silly, and a little crazy looking, but that's my life. And when Soph has it happen to her I get to be sympathetic, and laugh!

-Now for some EXTRA info along the bottom of the page-

Logan and Lay have both banged their front teeth as well. Logan got the same news from the Dentist. By the time Lays did it(she actually broke the ends of both her front two teeth off) we didn't even bother to take her to the Dentist. I wasn't in the mood for a huge- yada, yada, yada... it might fall out $bill$.

9 comments:

  1. LOL
    Fun story.
    I'm so glad it turned out well.
    I got 20c from the tooth fairy.
    I feel ripped off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats J! You look sooo old now! And I can't believe you got $1! I think I got $0.25 when I lost my first tooth.
    Story time: When I was in 6th grade (not grade 6 because I am American hehe) I was doing back flips on the tramp. I over-rotated and smacked my face on the bar and broke half of my front tooth off...6th grade...this was a permanent tooth! Thank goodness for modern dentistry, a root canal and a crown. :) No one ever knows.
    Kurt had no front teeth forever! Tom ran over him when he was learning to ride his bike and Kurt was probably Ethan's age. Kurt didn't have front teeth until his permanent ones grew in...which seemed like ETERNITY Next time we are in Middleton we will have to pull out the pics to show the kiddies. They would probably get a kick out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. alli hasn't even let me look at her her teeth since her tumble, the dr said we should get it checked out, but what are they really gonna do right? and james is obsessed with his clothes too, and not in the good way either. makes me mental. then when you talked about sophie i thought back to the frilly dresses and running shoes, 'i look alarius.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this blog and tell Jay he definitely looks handsome with a tooth missing - I think it brought out his smile!!! love the stories. and the feet at the top page - to die for!! great Em

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey "we got a job, we got a job, hey hey hey" jay looks sweet! I love when someone else's kid HAS to dress themself. Ryan doesn't totally get it, & is like "why does Sadie look like a rag muffin or wear the same 3 outfits?" There goes my girl shopping budget.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow-inflation effects the tooth fairy too, I guess. Didn't we used to just get like a quarter...

    That video of Henry below is so amazing. What a fabulous little guy he is!! I really wish I could see you-it has been to long! We need to meet up for a girl's weekend or something!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nobody can pull a cheese smile like jay. What a cutie, but I have to ask, is he wearing a turtle neck in the first pic??? Tell him he looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's like an under your sports uniform shirt. Logan used to wear it with his baseball stuff, and yes it is a little turtle-neckish! Proves my point eh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok this is what it translates to:The first writing says...

    Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and they paths drop fatness.(Psalms 65:11)
    Jan.3, 1965 Kenji Toji

    There's nothing for God to understand ( I guess it's a part of the Bible but I have no idea where it's from)

    May 16, 1966 Kengo Tajima


    The other one, there is just date and name on it.

    Jan. 1965 Suwame Tadato ( It's hard to read...)

    ReplyDelete