Monday, June 28, 2010

Don't you just love traveling?


All trips start the same way for us!

Before these pics were taken I spent 4 solid days trying to juggle being a "fun mom", and packing. I had one friend say-"What is taking you so long... all you have to do is throw a bunch of clothes in the car."
I am a stress case when it comes to packing. I don't know how to do it any other way.
So by the time we are on the road I'm already spent.
All I have to say is thank heaven for T.V.'s in the car, or I don't think I'd even attempt trips with my kids.
...
The first night we went to stay with our friends the Starnes.
We are sad they moved.
It was so much fun to see them. The kids loved it.

We had so much fun we may have to stay with them on our way back as well!

The next day we got to go see my mom's mom

GRANDMA JARDINE

......
We had a really nice time. I loved being there it is always a trip down memory lane. This little block game was my fav when I was little. She also has a really cool clock that gongs out the time.

This is the first time Grandma got to see Henry. She has been so supportive while we have been dealing with everything. Whenever we talk she always leaves me with such good advice. I love her so much. It was too long since I'd seen her and the visit was, as always, too short.

p.s. Grandma and Lays have a ton of the same mannerisms.
I always get a kick out of that.

7 comments:

  1. So where did you go?
    How far was it in the car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. lay has some massive bed head and looks mad at whatever she is watching. i wish we had tv's when we road tripped as kids. torture. although now the kids miss out on things like the alphabet game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Blogging on vacation, I'm impressed! Logan and Jev are in the same class again!! They got a good teacher that starts with a B-its Jareds old teacher. Cameron and Preston are in their class too. Jay is in Jessi's class with a new teacher who is also part time Vice Principal. I don't know if its am or pm. I forgot to look but jen j. knows. Have fun in canada!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. part of me is dying that I am not down in Raymond RIGHT now, but soon enough! I too love your Grandma Jardine, except when I was a 'not so good' friend in gr. 9 and she said maybe I wasn't a friend worth having. do you remember that? I think She really is so sweet & I have only seen her a handful of times. We will be making the trip tomorrow the whole 2 hour trip he he

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen I'm sooooo glad they got the same class! If you hear about Jay being a.m. or p.m. could ya send me a little note? Jay is with me right now and is glad that Jessi is going to be with him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you are still blogging. Maybe my withdrawals won't be so bad afterall. :) How much longer are you in Raymond? Email me your mom's # so I can give you a quick call. Did you know I have free long distance to Canada for a year? I should be using it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this one. so happy you had some time with your Grandma Jardine.

    ReplyDelete