Saturday, June 19, 2010

High Cotton!

My
Jay-Man
Lost Another tooth!
So in case you can't remember all of my children's life stories, I'll just take a second to get you up to speed. Jameson is a giant! He has the longest big toe that I have ever seen! He hasn't even started kindergarten yet, and he just lost his 4th tooth!
When the 4th one was wiggly, he came to me and said,
Jay- "Mom! Mom!
 He always calls me twice, b/c apparently once is just not enough!
Jay-"Look, my other tooth is loose!"
Me- "That's cool Jay."
Then he looks at me with this adorable little smirk on his face, nods, and says,
Jay- "HIGH COTTON!"
Now right about now you are probably thinking

"What the heck is Emily talking about? That makes no sense."

But it's cute cause he remembered this obscure story Tom was telling me one night
 about his  Southern friend who likes to say-
 "You're in the HIGH COTTON!"
Which is a reference to someone who is "doing well."
Now if this isn't the face of someone who is
"IN THE HIGH COTTON"
I don't know what is.
That's a FOUR DOLLAR smile right there!

p.s. The boys have taken to calling each other "Minks!"
These animals supposedly stink so bad that the smell is compared
to a cross between a skunk and a cow farm!
Tom thinks it is so funny. You'll all of a sudden hear one of them say,
"Ya Mink!"
and the other one will retaliate by saying,
"Ya Mink farm!"
The wierdos!

6 comments:

  1. Great photo and the mink name calling is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strangest family I know! Love you guys and love those pics of Jay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a little cute ;)
    ive heard the mink name calling. hilarious. also the strangest family i know :p
    who is this random southern friend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strange families tend to gravitate towards other strange families. :)
    I can't believe that was his 4th tooth already...Dallin has only lost 2!
    Can I tell you how excited I am to see you in a few days? I AM I AM I AM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahah cute little Jay and that is funny about the minks. Also that last pic of Layla is the cutest thing that I have ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an adorable face!!! congrats Jay on the money you made from the tooth fairy!! love you all so much. can't wait to see that toothless smile so soon!!

    ReplyDelete