Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Do you remember this?

Well, he did it again!!!!!

I know, I know, right about now I am actually questioning my parenting skills too!
So here is how it went down.
It was late Monday afternoon, and I was cooking dinner. We were having a Japanese dish that required me to grade carrots, chop cabbage, dice onions, whip up a batter, and fry bacon. I was frying the bacon, sauteing the onions, and baking a Shortbread Peach Cobbler for our Family Home Evening Treat,(see how I try to reel you in so that you think I'm actually doing a good job?) when my friend Missy came over to pick Lays up to go to the park. I went to get Lays, and heard Henry in the bathroom, but I told Missy not to worry cause I hadn't fixed the door from the last time he had done it back in May. Then I went up to get the little devil only to discover that he had opened the middle drawer, and not the bottom one!!! Shoot Shoot Shoot right? The difference was that he wasn't stuck on the drawer, and he wasn't crying so I thought, "what's the rush? I'll just look under the door to make sure he's o.k. and  Ahhhhhhhhhh" That's when I discovered that my son 
was playing with the absolute grossest thing I have in my house!
THE TOILET BRUSH!!!
Puke! Puke! Puke!
INSERT PATENTED GASP HERE- You know the one where you breathe in, while saying Ahhhhhhh, and screaming at the same time?
This is where I have to say I'm quite proud of myself, since he wasn't crying, I walked downstairs and just kept on cooking. There was nothing to be done till he decided to close the drawer right? When he closed it I went running up, cleaner in hand, and instantly threw him in the tub. I then preceded to sanitize the floor and audios the bath rugs. When I turned around Henry was eating the soap! At first I was like-"Oh good! At least he's cleaning his mouth", but then I felt bad for the kid, so I took it away and rinsed out his mouth. He didn't even seem to care though. Then when I was almost finished with the floor, I heard this big bang-splat-swoosh and turned around to find a naked little Henry sprawled on the newly wet, and rug-free floor. Poor thing! So I wrapped him in a towel just in time to hear the buzzer for the cobbler ringing!
All in all, a pretty crazy 10 minutes wouldn't you say?

7 comments:

  1. Henry is such an explorer!! Great way to get an extra clean bathroom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wAY CRAZY ten mintues man
    I think you handled it like a pro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you tell your stories...very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey so Em, I need to get your email.
    I think we're good enough friends now right?
    Anyway it's Yuki's birthday on Monday.
    I was wondering if you guys wanted to come?
    6:15pm at our place, no gifts or you'll be off of our christmas list.
    Pizza, cake, super casual, I'm not planning games and all that jazz, just eating, cake, our present to her and then dunskie.
    Let me know if you can come.
    melissa.nakaya@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another day living the dream.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Em, I miss you! It was like you were right next to me telling me this story. I love reading your stories!

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete