Saturday, September 4, 2010

Logan's Birthday!

My Logan is
9 YEARS OLD
Today!
You are getting so big buddy!
You like to ride your bike/scooter up to the pond, like every day,
looking for all the things I think are gross.
Despite the fact that you are getting very old and grown up, you are still good for a hug.
The other day I reached to hold your hand and you hesitated before you took it.
I thought-
"Oh no, pretty soon he isn't going to want to hold my hand."
(whimper)
You are a kind kid, and you get into a LOT of mischief.
You love Jameson, and Layla a lot, but
you love and adore Henry!
All summer you have been dragging him around with you. He loves it, and I love it!
I especially like it when you tote your 27and a half pound "little" bro up and down the slides on the playgrounds. He is sure lucky to have such a great big brother!
The other day in class you had to write about one of your siblings and you chose Henry.
This is what you wrote.
            My Brother is 1 year old. His name is
Henry we were in the car for around 11 hours
yesterday, and he can't talk but wen we got    
in the car to go to my grampas. Which is about
a half an hour he said no no no! And when we
were about there he said yay yay yay!             
He has spineabiffita so he can't walk very well.
His favrite movie is buzz. and hes supuer cute.
and I love him. Because of his spineabiffita he
has a scar.                                                         

I love what you wrote,
and forget how much you think about Henry's stuff.

You pray for him every night.
You also pray that you won't have any dreams, "please, please, please!"
You used to say bad dreams, but now you just don't want ANY!
You have been in the same class as your best friend Jevin since kindergarten.
You LOVE Pokemon!
You like me and your Dad to read to you. We are reading Fablehaven right now.
You like Scouts.
You can E-A-T!!!
Lays loves you so much she lets you finish all of her treats.
You just ask her and she smiles and gives it to you.
You like to read to Jay.
He thinks the sun revolves around you.
You guys are into Lego right now. I loved it when I was a kid too.
When we were on our trip to Yellowstone,
 you asked me and your Dad how long we dated before we got married.
You told us-
"That is not long enough. I think you should have dated for at least a year!"
Thanks for that advice, ya turkey!
Then we decided to remind you that you have to wait till you're 16 to date.
You said-
"Yep, I know. Peter's in the business right now."
You are one funny kid,
and I love you.

So here is the 4-1-1 of his special day!
Logan's early morning party!!!
So I've decided to let the kids open their family gifts right when they wake up.
It is really fun!
That way they get to feel special right when they wake up.
The first one Logan opened was socks and you can see how he took it.
HEhEheHe!
Serves him right for all the socks he ruins.
That kid is way hard on socks and shoes!!!!
He did like the other gifts though,
and I know he is loving not having to scour the house every morning to find
 SOCKS for school!
Tom made cinnamon rolls for breakfast(what a nice dad),
and I finished frosting the cake. 
With a little help from my friends!
I know, I know... It's too small right?

Then we were off to the lake.
...
I made the same one that I did for Lays. 
Logan decided that it needed to be just as cool as hers.
I guess in Logan's book COOL=TALL, 
even though hers was only that big so I could do the colours of the
RAINBOW!
 Logan's was a "cool" BEACH cake. The colours,
as you can see, went from blue to green.
When I asked Logan what his favorite part of the day was he said,
"ALL OF IT!"
So I'd say, all in all, it was a great Birthday!
Logan feels special, and he is especially lucky
to have the friends and family we have.
Thanks for all the phone calls, and gifts everyone.
I can't believe I have a 9year old!

7 comments:

  1. Sorry we weren't there.
    I hope it was fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet what you have written. it's an amazing journal!! Logan we love you and are so happy you are such a helper with Henry and a terrific older brother for Jameson and Layla. Thanks for the blog Em. love all of you! Can't wait to see the Birthday cake and adventures of the day pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Logan! I can't believe he is 9. I forgot him and Finn have the same birthday! Poor little Finn is so sick today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Logan! You are a great kid, a great big brother and a great nephew. I am amazed that your favorite subject in school is math, "because I am good at it". I enjoyed spending time with just you, eating milk shakes and talking. Keep being the awesome kid that you are. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a handsome little man! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the movie and BSU pictures!! what a very special day you had Logan, for a very special 9 year old. That is a very "cool" cake!! Have fun tomorrow when you have another fun party!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I didn't realize how well you can see my eyes when I am wearing my sunglasses. I always stare at people thinking they can't tell!

    ReplyDelete