Monday, August 30, 2010

Yellowstone Trip!

YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK
Was so much fun, but the trip didn't start there. 
Tom had a lunch meeting in Idaho Falls on Friday, so we ripped the kids out of school and went on our last Summer trip. While we were waiting for Tom to finish we went to the river and took some pics. Jay took the ones that I'm in. I was actually shocked this first one turned out so good, what with Logan's "no smiling policy," but now that I'm thinking about it, I do remember some bribing involved! They are so cute, though I say it myself. Can I please make them stop growing up? Last year I had 3 out of my 4 kids with me, and next year the school will have 3 out of my 4 kids with them!!! I am so not looking forward to that!
...

I know it looks like a lot of pics, but I probably only posted 30%, no kidding! I know, I know, I may have a problem. I'm looking into it, promise!

That night we went to the drive in Movie Theatre.
When we were coming back from dinner we were deciding if we should really go when Logan piped up in his most grown up voice and said-
Logan-"Mom, I think we should go. This would be a new experience for us.
We could make some really nice memories."
Cute little kiddo!
After that we had to go wouldn't you say?
Our bestest friends who live in Idaho Falls(Nate and Staci) were gone that weekend,so we couldn't hang out with them. But they knew we wanted to go to the movies, and that we needed a place to crash after we came back from Yellowstone, so they left us a key, and directions, and a whole ton of candy to eat at the movies!!! What good friends eh? Thanks guys!
I had to show you this pic. During most of the movie Henners was casing the joint!

Then he zonked out. Not a bad deal if you ask me. I wish we had one of these in Boise!
If you know Tom, you'll know that a movie isn't a movie without
gross BUTTERY movie theatre popcorn!
I hate it cause it's bad for you, and once you eat one you're hooked!
We saw "Despicable Me."
It is very cute.
What's also cute, and serendipitous, are my kids glow up spoons we got from Sonic for lunch that very day!
I hated the food, but it was the only place I could find close to where we dropped Tom off for his "T"amazingly Fancy Business Man Luncheon.
When the spoons came in handy that night I decided it had been a good idea, despite the food.

The next morning we went to
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK

The last time I went I was a  little kid. It is so beautiful there.
The one with Jay up on the rock wall is when we saw Old Faithful. It is very cool. I didn't think to take a pic cause I was enjoying it so mush, so I didn't get one till it was almost over. It actually went higher than those trees when it was at it's highest point.

This was Tom's favorite part. After we took this picture he just kept saying-
"It's not every day you go to the continental divide."
and
"Did you know that's where all the streams/rivers go either east or west?"
Logan ended up getting annoyed after like the 12th time and finally lost it on him-
"Dad, no one cares. We've heard you say that enough! STOP"
This made Tom smile his smile that reminds me of my Mom.
The one where they are sooooo glad that they have figured out what will get you, so they can get you
over,
and over,
and over again!
hehehe
So he didn't stop telling us about the continental divide for the rest of the trip!
I love him for that, because the alternative is letting it drive me nuts.
But I do remember when my mom would do it, and I acted just like Logan.
Don't you just love the circle of life?

It was just so cool. That water is awesome, and hot, and beautiful.

This was taken by a nice person walking by. I am so shocked that we got a decent pic in 1 shot!
Cool stuff eh?
Awwwwww!


Now for the bad news. We hardly saw any animals. We saw probably 4 elk, and three red wolves.
The wolves were too far away to get a pic though.
I really liked this one. I don't remember what it is called, but Tom probably does.
That man remembers every name for anything, and every line in a movie.

On our way home we snapped this shot.
Who knew he had his own lake!
He also has some really good root beer.
Random I know, and I don't know why I like it, but I do!
All in all a really fun trip.
P.s. Thanks again Nate and Staci, you are awesome!

5 comments:

  1. Great photo's.
    I didn't know that about the continental divide.
    Interesting.
    Fun times.
    Hey Dru's sister is coming up this weekend I TOTALLY FORGOT and wanna go camping.
    So we won't be able to come to Logan's b.day party.
    LOL
    Sorry man.
    I know it's not funny, but I could've met Staci and now won't.
    It's quite funny (that part) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this!! Yellowstone reminds me of my childhood, so I am so happy my grandchildren get to enjoy it. Also the drive in movie!! Don't you remember that as a child, Em, or did Lethbridge take it down before you were old enough to remember!! The hot pots and gysers are awesome. Love the family picture!!! Tom and I have a bond, even if it is annoying!! thanks Em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh....looks like you guys had a great trip. Next time you go to Yellowstone we want to come too! We'll be in town next time too...promise!
    You got some really good pictures! Love you much! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Loved all the stories and pics! But I could have told you about Henry's lake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Tom. It really isn't everyday that you get to see the continental divide. I wish I could've gone with you guys but someone lame had to get a job. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete