Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Floating down the Boise River in our little boats.

This summer we went boating with our friends
Jen&Jason+their kids
and
Missy&Jed+their kids
and Toms sis Lisa

Down the Boise River!
Each of us have four kids, and the oldest and youngest are almost the same ages.
We had a great time.
I'm pleased to report that not one of the kids got hurt!

But Jed did!

Story time-
So the first time we only went with Missy, Jed, and their kids.
There is this one spot where you can
jump off of a rope swing!
 Tom and Jed decided to take the 4 older boys while Missy and I stayed with the others in the boat.
We had a great view of them all swinging and having fun.
We even cheered, and screamed for the guys when they went!
(what good wives right?)
When they got back to us, Missy kidded Jed that he didn't do a cool enough trick.
Flash forward to the next time we went.
Can you guess what happened?
When the guys were at the swing, Jed decided to do a flip off the rope!
Missy and I cheered like crazy...
then he came out of the water, and all we could see was
blood,
Blood,
and more BLOOD!
He ended up hitting a rock with his head!
Shoot!
So Missy gave me her little guy to hold(I was already holding Henry) and went running over there to help.
So I'm sitting there holding two little tykes,
listening to Lays and Ellie laughing at a dog floating by.
Then they stop laughing b/c Ellie reminds Lays that her daddy is hurt,
then they start up laughing again cause the dog is really funny.
The crazy kiddo's!
Oh, did I tell you that while everyone was trying to get Jed's gaping head wound to stop bleeding,
I almost went floating down the river with two little boys, and no paddle?
Here's how it happened-
I was keeping my boat there by grabbing onto Missy's boat,
I forgot this little bit of crucial info,
 and went to fix Henry's hat by letting go of Missy's boat!
I had to lunge half way out of the boat in order to reach hers before I floated away!
It probably only took 2 seconds, but I was terrified!
I was thinking-
"They do not need this right now!
Jed is bleeding all over, and I'm about to take off,
leaving the girls in a boat,
on the river,
all alone,
while I sail off with two little boys and NO paddle!
Really nice Emily!!!!"
So the moral of this story is-
 Cheer for your guy, even if he does a belly flop,
and I should always be tied to the bank when Tom leaves me!

p.s. Lays calls this boat "our boat"
and Tom's parent's boat a "motor boat!"


2 comments:

  1. LOL
    Crazy.
    Hey do you know of any good camping grounds around here in Boise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a story and an amazing adventure with three fun families!! take care... thanks for the blog.

    ReplyDelete