Sunday, August 15, 2010

We love this place!

We have a zoo pass, so we go a LOT!
This was the first time we ended up at the penguins'  joint while they were cleaning it.
The kids LOVED it!

I can't believe Logan is getting so big!
Just check out the old and the new pic of him with these guys!
Awwwwwwwww.

Awwwwwwwwww.



...

Cute! Cute! Cute!  


Right outside of the zoo is this new Honest Abe monument.

So I asked Tom to take a picture of the kids for me and he ended up with the top right one.
You know the one where Logan is sitting on his back and picking his nose!
I was like, "I'm no American, but that's just wrong!"
So I went over to snap another one while Tom took a work call.
It went a little something like this.
Me- "No guys, lets take another pic. This one isn't respectful or something."
Tom- "You take it then. I need to take this call."
Me- "kids get back up o.k.!"
"No! I don't want you sitting up there."
"Ow, don't just jump off onto me!"
"Ya, sit over there."
Lays- "Mom! I can't get up!"
Me- "(heave) Here you go Lays."
"O.k. kids... would you please look over here and just smile!"
So I start backing up to "get the perfect shot,"
( meanwhile Tom is watching, but is on the phone so he decides not to inform me that I'm about to kill myself!)
and run backwards into this one foot high rock with a plaque on it!!!
I fell in like three stages, and it all happened in slow motion, till I was all the way flat on my butt!
Ouch! It hurt so bad!
I even have a huge-black-heart-shaped bruise because of this encounter!
What a sweet little reminder that Tom didn't warn me.
I love the guy, but every time he sees my bruise he bursts out laughing.
Apparently my fall was quite ridiculous looking!
I don't doubt it. I'll give him this much,
I always find people falling funny ...
but I think I would have warned him!
The nerd!
I guess it serves me right for trying to take a patriotic picture EH?

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day. We actually went to the zoo yesterday too! So fun. Sorry about falling on your bum.....I'm not surprised that Tom continues to laugh about it. He IS a nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah if the American is fine with it then you should be right?
    Maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures Emily. Keep them coming.
    love Dad Love the videos and the moments in your wonderful life. Love you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily,
    It was an important call. He was conferenced in with Lincoln. I am sure they were talking about freeing the sage grouse or something. lol
    That was a fun day. Too bad I had to leave early. Stupid school always ruins everything!

    ReplyDelete