Sunday, June 5, 2011

Henry's 2nd M.R.I.

I hate doing this!
It is so hard on Hank.
He has to fast FOREVER(10 hrs which ended up being around 20 b/c it's through the night)!
I had to lock him in his high chair in the morning while we got ready so he wouldn't steal a drink, or any food. The poor thing just kept lunging at the faucets.
Then when we get there we have to wait forever(they were running late so we had to wait an hour and 40 mins longer) before he can go into the M.R.I.!
Then the M.R.I. takes FOREVER(2 hours)!If we hadn't had Layla to distract us I think I would have lost it.

Well, Lays and Dora! We heard some other kid watching it but couldn't find the right channel so Layla and I went "through the curtain" which is generally frowned upon and got the channel info from them. It put our starving little Henry in a nice little T.V. coma while we waited,
and waited,
and waited.
Then we had to wait without him.
While we still had Hank with us we all fasted with him, so once he was gone
I bet you can guess what Tom and Lays did.
They left me in the waiting room and came back with chips, pop, and a giant milkshake!
Healthy!
This is when we F-I-N-A-L-L-Y
got him back.
I LOVE this part.
We fed him a popsicle and then, of course, I had packed him a banana so he downed that.



The rest of the day he was super tired, and groggy so the two of us just hung out on the couch all day. 
Later on that night I was starting to get worried that Hen was still so lethargic, so I asked Tom to get me the "Duo tang" the nurse had given me so I could check the list of warning signs. Well after almost 11 years of marriage Tom discovered another "Canadian" word. I guess Americans call everything a "folder" even if they have the little silver clipies in them. He thought it was so funny, and just had to text our friend Nate immediately. Americans! I ask you?

7 comments:

  1. So what are the results?
    Is he alright?
    You know my thoughts on Americans ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh poor Hank. You guys are all troopers rough day no doubt. Yeah for duotangs, way better than a stinkin folder. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just wish i could have been there for that banana downing! what a trooper! who knows if duotang is even a word, when i typed it, it underlined it in red. maybe canadians are weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww what a sweet little boy!! so fun to see Layla and Tom too. glad that day is over and he is well fed again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. poor hank he's a trooper and I too just had an episode with saying the word duo tang, everyone thought I was crazy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know who's braver you or Henry. Actually you're both amazing! Glad the poor child can EAT just reading it was giving me anxiety. The duo tang story is hilarious. I'm going to drop the word in front of Matthew and see if he spazes:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess you don't know the results yet and we can expect an updated blog on that. Poor little guy... what jerks doctors are to make him wait that long!
    Ok... crazy Canadian... I don't think it was just paper and clips. I need a proper explanation of this weird item you speak of to judge who is being ridiculous here (probably you haha) and what the heck!?! Tom texts!?!

    ReplyDelete