Monday, June 6, 2011

Is it still too soon to post another D.C. post? What if I add some pics of the kids at the D.C. Temple?

Lets play "Guess that Famous Dead Guy"
Any ideas?


Nope, not George Washington.
What about this guy, any ideas?


The first one was George Mason,
and the second one was Thomas Jefferson.
Don't feel bad if you couldn't get them. I had to have Tom remind me and I was even able to read the plaques while I was there.
I don't even know who's on the horse in this one.


I think I have found my favorite building.
Well, it's probably a 15 way tie, but I love, love, loved the botanical gardens building!
It was so hot and humid the day we went that when we went in the building, which is essentially a huge green house, it was cool and felt dry-er-ish!
Logan loved this guy who was teaching you everything you needed to know about VENUS FLY TRAPS. He wouldn't even look away to smile for a picture.

Wish I could say this shot was taken on our "spur of the moment tropical romantic get away."
Maybe some day Tom, maybe some day!
So we can't afford a babysitter for 6-ish hrs to go to the temple together. So we all go, and Tom and I take turns doing a session while the other one walks the grounds with the kids. It was Tom's turn this trip so I took some pics with his phone while we waited for him.
It was so nice just to be there. They have a little visitor center and everything.
Logan and I knew that it is the tallest Temple so we tried to figure out how tall it is. We guesstimated about 250 feet.
Does anyone know how tall it really is?
While we were walking around
Jameson said- "Mom I like it here. It is so peaceful."


He also got his foot sliced open by a metal door. It was bad and got really dirty so I took him back to the car to clean him up and all I could find was hand sanitizer so I said-
Me- "Jay this is going to hurt. Do you think you can handle it?"
Jameson- "O.k., but can I pray first?"
 tears,
some from me, and some from him, but he was tough and it didn't hurt long.
What a sweet little kid.
I also got to be in primary today and when the chorister asked why we needed to be reverent at church
Jameson raised his hand right up and said- "Because this is God's house."
awwwww

7 comments:

  1. Cute, cute stuff that your kids are saying.
    I love that you can do all of this stuff man.
    Dru applied for a job that might take us to D.C if he gets it.
    Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got you beat. alli bore her testimony for her first time in church on sunday and she said i'm so thankful we read our scriptures every day. good plug for the baldry's! haha. i love being on primary and hearing all the cute/fun/spiritual things they come up with. keep the dc post coming it keeps me entertained because i will never find anything that exciting to do around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful place to spend time with the kids!! so sweet, pictures and all they had to say. a great idea to get some Temple time in with the family. love you all so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pics, and love the Jameson stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 288 feet.
    http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/washington/

    ReplyDelete