Sunday, June 5, 2011

Tom's a Fans FAN!

BOSTON TRIP!
So I know this post is out of order, but that's cause I have been trying to figure out how to get the pics off of Tom's cell phone.
I finally figured it out and now I'm up and running.
So when Tom went to the Celtics game he went with my cousin Jessica's husband Kyle.
 If you recall I told Tom that there was no way we could go to the game cause we didn't have anyone to watch our kids. Well Tom figured out a way around that little problem.
This is how that came about.
Tom was walking down the hall at church one Sunday and ran into Kyle (his ward meets after ours, but we overlap)
Tom- "Hey Kyle I want to ditch Emily and jet on over to Boston to watch a playoff game. Want to come? We'd miss Mothers day morning, but our wives are so cool they wouldn't care."
Kyle- "You know Tom this wasn't just a chance meeting. I could definitely be persuaded to do that."
Tom would probably tell ya that that's not "exactly" how it went down but it's not his blog and I think it sounds funnier that way.


They got their early and decided to run on over to Fenway Park just to see it, and the Red Sox were playing so they went up to the ticket guy and told them they were just stopping by cause they were going to the Celtics game(I'm sure he believed them cause Tom was a walking advertisement for the Celtics) and the guy let them in for $20.00 all together. So they got to go to two games in one day.

Then they ate at a pizza joint that did paintings of the players on the wall.


By the end of the day the boys said they probably spent $20.00 on diet coke!

Before the game they stalked the players.


The seats were awesome
and the game was "T"amazing

Kyle swears that Tom started a stadium wide chant of-
"D-Wade Sucks!"
When he fell and injured Rondo.
Kyle said that going with Tom was what made it so much fun. Tom literally screamed himself hoarse, and didn't ever stop cheering.

He lost his voice for like three days.
I swear if that wasn't Tom's own personal fantasy camp, then I don't know what it would be.
I know I tease you a lot, but the truth is I love you Tom, and I'm super glad you got to go.

3 comments:

  1. those were amazing seats!! looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! He took pics! I am glad you got to go bro. Once in a life time!! (Yes, Emily... the story of Tom and Kyle scheming to ditch you was very believable and funny :p )

    ReplyDelete