Thursday, June 16, 2011

End of SCHOOL!!!!

Each grade had their own "End of school picnic" over here.
This is Logan's good friend.
Logan loves to go to their house cause they have more than one computer.
While we were sitting with his mom Logan told her that we went to Australia to visit his cousin Asher.
To which I replied- "No we haven't."
To which he replied- "Yes we did, the last time we went to see him it was Australia!!!"
Strange kid.
 Logan had tonz of fun doing the tug of war, which is why his clothes are filthy, and don't even get me started on what he wears to school, cause I bought him that outfit for p.j.'s.
 So you might be thinking that Logan is my only story teller, but Jay told the dad that we were sitting by that Boise is right by Mt. Everest.
What is up with my giant misinformed story telling kids?
When I got home with Jay I told him the bad news about Boise being on the other side of the world from Mt. Everest and he said to me- "How do you know?"
So I was like- "The Internet."
Which for some reason made him finally believe me.

Pool Day!
Goggles, goggles, goggles!
It makes swimming so much more fun.
I got them these from Costco. They came in packs of three, and their were two choices.
One pack had bright green, bright blue, and white, and the other is the one you see.
The boys were like-
"We want this one mom!"
And I said-
"If you get that one Lays won't get to have the pink one."

What?

Oh, I know what you're thinking, you're thinking that two out of three getting what they want is better than one being happy, but you would be wrong cause Layla doesn't have a sister to play with, so to substitute for her lack of a built in friend, I give her things like pink goggles.
And yes, I know how dumb that sounds, but
it seems to be working o.k.'ish.
She made a friend at the pool this day, and that always seems to help too.
Layla told me they were friends cause they both have floaties.

This was actually my first time at the pool without Tom!
Right when we got there Henry saw this DORA paddle board.
He started squirming, and screaming, and lunging for it.
So I finally just asked if I could borrow it.
He hugged it for like an hr, and kept saying- "A Dowa!"

Do you notice a family resemblance? I've never really thought they all had the same smile before.


Henry kills me.

These kids live on our block. I was so excited to see them playing together.

8 comments:

  1. Man they've all seemed to make friends straight away.
    That's such a wonderful feeling I'm sure right?
    It's only gotten KIND hot this week in boise but it's been windy half the time so still makes it kinda cold.
    Man when's summer gonna start?
    I'm glad things are going well and you survived without Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha I still think the fibbing is hilarious and cute, but maybe when its your own kids and they are getting old its called lying and lessons need to be taught. funny boys. You are ridiculous with the sister thing and Layla. I know I can't talk I have 2 girls making sisters but come on, what if I have a boy next and then he has no brother blah blah. Part of me thinks how awesome is it that she has 2 big brothers and Henry too. I know I need to hear you rant about the middle child next time. ha ha
    p.s the whole next one YES I am preggo and I am telling you over the blog. I'm pretty lame and lazy right now. COnsider yourself lucky for the personal novel. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pool! Is this your neighborhood pool? We want to come play. Maybe we should get Chickfila and then go swim at the pool on June 30th when we come?!!?! So excited to see you guys. We're planning to call you this weekend to make final plans!

    Also, the comment about LAys and her pink goggles cracks me up and I can totally see your reasoning. It's fantastic I tell you. Give the girl pink, I'm on your side!
    Hugs, A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firefox suggestion worked. Thanks Em! Looks like a fun pool! Welcome to summer vacation...now only if we lived closer....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the tent online.
    I just looked up 'bedtent' online and found that one.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news about Henry. I'm so glad.
    Blog about the test and results etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. end of school - Yea for the INternet -Moms are second guessed most of the time love it. Jay the man by "mt. Everest." Logan - now think again about "Australia"?????
    pool day - A "dora" ble Henry! Hugs and kisses to all the Great pool kids. Great friends close by! Hurray!!!

    ReplyDelete