Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Mom Is TAMAZING!

So I don't know if I said this before but Tom and I went to Mexico after we went to Canada
and left the little kiddies with my Mom.
She gets 1000 GOLD stars for doing that for us!
Thanks Mother dearest!

She said that everything went well, but she is pretty nice and probably
didn't tell me how crazy they were so as not to make me feel bad.
I am so lucky that she agreed to do it b/c Tom and I had such a great time!!!
I'll post about our trip later cause I'm waiting for some pics to be developed.
She did tell me that one day
Lays was yelling-"Grandma H-E-L-P! Henry is almost outside!"
She went running to find Lays clinging on to Henry who was almost outside on the deck which has no railing.
The kid somehow had made it through the doggy gate, and out the back door.
Poor mom.
I also heard that Lays fell off the bed and got a bloody nose, and one of her eyes got swollen shut from a mosquito bite. Mom didn't want them to take any pics, but I sure hope they did cause I want to see it.
The funniest thing is that when I was on the plane right before I flew to Mexico I talked to my sister and she told me that they couldn't find Logan and Gavin(his cousin) after the Raymond Road race.
She said-"But don't worry, we'll find them."
Then I had to turn off the phone cause the plane was lifting off.
You'd think I'd be worried, but Raymond is the smallest town full of my family so I didn't even think about it till I came home and mom said that it really scared Logan. I guess they were lost for a while, finally said a little prayer, found where Angela worked, and she took them home!

I really missed my kids!
It felt good to be so excited to see them. I remember while I was still on the plane being all antsy to land cause my kids were waiting for me! When we got off Tom kept saying-"There they are!" But they really weren't. I did not find it funny, but he sure did! By the time he really spotted them I didn't believe him till Logan stuck his head out the window! It was so good to see them! They were all tan. I think Henry even looked older, and had lost a little baby chub.

That's Lays little Mexico dress on the side of this shot.
Then the trip home began!
It started the same way, but took a little turn cause
Henry was sick.
Which wasn't so bad when it just meant changing diapers, but then he threw up all over the place!
We pulled over and I swear it took us at least 25mins to get it clean enough to keep going. So we set off with a naked Henry, sitting on blankets, over top of a drenching wet stinky throw-up car seat!
After that it felt like the trip would never end, and had been going on f-o-r-e-v-e-r!
The next town we went through the conversation got so funny that I had to jot it down.
Lays-"We are going 3and5 daddy"
Tom-"No that's 35 hunny."
Lays-"Oh, but now it's 2and5, how do you say that?"

Jay-"I wonder what kind of money they have here."
(we brought them back some money from Mexico and they had just been using Canadian money)

Lays-"You're going the wrong way!"
(She said that throughout the whole trip. Like what do you think she thinks when she says that?)

Lays-"Roots and Toots and Roots and Toots and roots and toots AND ROOTS AND TOOTS And Roots..."
(I'm pretty sure you can tell this was a song.)

Jay-"Dad you're wrong it's 7 more hrs!"
(it was actually around 3)
Tom-"If it really was I think I'd go crazy!"
(so much for missing spending time with the kids eh?)

Jay-"Dad we're running out of gas!"
(He was looking at the volume on the music)

Lays-"Mom, I have a new name! I'm Nacho Libre!"
Logan-"Don't you realize I have had the diarrheas since Easters?"
(Can you guess which show they watched while they were up there?
Tom found this really funny cause he still has the sense of humor he did when he was 8, so Logan said it like 20 more times.)

It's good to be home!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad things went well.
    It looks like it was soooooo much fun.
    Can't wait to see/hear about Mexico!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like u managed not to get burned! go bull frog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally can make a comment after wiping away my laughter tears. Hilarious about the trip home remarks. Sorry little Henry was so sick!! I am serious about hope great they all were. They had so many cousins to play with and were so worn out by the time they went to bed. No worries!! Thanks for the thanks and the surprises you brought us. So happy you had a great holiday. Looking forward to the Mexico pics. love you all tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was serious about how great they all were!!

    ReplyDelete