Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mexico trip.

Two nights after we got our kids back home,
Tom
was searching all over the Internet,
trying to book another trip!
That's when I had to remind him that we won't be doing it for at least another 5 yrs.
Poor Tom...
but not really!
We stayed at the Mayan Palace. When you walked in there was this Mayan rock,
 which was converted into a fountain.
We mostly stayed at the resort, and just swam and read our books.
I love that Tom likes to read as much as me.
We both polished off 4 books on this trip.
This is where we had some really good Japanese food.
The irony isn't lost on us, but you can't get Tom to pass up
his favourite cuisine. Even if you're in Mexico, with great Mexican food,
Japanese is his first choice!
This was our fave local spot. It was good, but the service was "maso menos"!
Hence our anxious face expressions... I think I'm actually telling Tom to hurry up and take the picture!
He likes to wait till I've been smiling f-o-r-e-v-e-r before he will snap it,
and I don't really find the humor in  it,
but he sure seems too!


We did spend one day doing lots of stuff.
We took a boat trip to a Tamazingly fancy beach side snorkeling cove called

Las Caletas
It was so much fun!

The boat sailed past the city of Puerto Vallarta

The water right here is too murky, but in the cove that we went too it was perfect!
Don't you just love nerdy snorkeling pics?
This is my absolute favourite thing to do!
And it is one of the only times I don't mind being alone,
but I'm glad Tom was there too! He is pretty fun to have around.

We got to have lunch on the beach.
I didn't think too much of it when we booked the trip.
I thought, "why would that be so cool?"
"I could do without it if it made the trip cost less!"
But I was wrong...
the island breeze,
the delicious food,
the great service!
I loved it all!
The entire day was extremely beautiful, and incredibly relaxing!
I put this pic on so you can laugh at my snorkel line that stayed on my face the rest of the trip!


The kayak was fun, but I just wanted to snorkel all day.
The guide let me hold a sea anemone.

I wish I was there right now,
 instead of blogging in the middle of the day in my p.j.'s!


I don't see Tom smile like this enough anymore!
Our grown up life is stressful,
but it's nice to know that he can still pull his smiley face out.
But who wouldn't when you have zero responsibility,
and get to hang out at the beach/pool all day long?

I guess we did spend one day doing touristy stuff,
but it was still fun, and not too stressful.
And here are our "oh shoot we have to go home" faces.
They didn't last too long cause this guy was funny,
and we got to see our kids when we got off the plane.

7 comments:

  1. Even though I can't read your writing, I think the pic's say it all.
    What a great time you guys got to spend together.
    Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you had sooooo much fun, but I am sooooo jealous! Oh to feel carefree... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man I was wondering if you were going to blog this trip, after all you just skipped to the kid reunion first. Ummm you look tamazing. and the trip looks like sooo much fun. I think I'll start searching the net for a trip too, wanna come??..... in 5 years right

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your blog makes me want to go back to Mexico!! What an amazing holiday. And we got to enjoy the fun part of your lives while you were away!! so hope you get another one in before too long! love you all! Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Em.....I'm SEETHING with jealousy! It looks like such a magical time and you SO deserved it! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of the 2 of you looking back at the camera on the boat. You guys look HOT! Miss you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trip looks so AWESOME! It's like a second honeymoon! Loved all of the pictures and your cute black and white swim suit. I don't blame Tom, I'd be searching for your next trip too. A weekend without kiddos and the beach sounds so relaxing. Miss you guys too!

    ReplyDelete