Thursday, March 31, 2011


HAPPY BIRTHDAY
LAYLA-DARLING

Layla we are so excited you are 5!
You are growing up so fast.
 I'm dying that you are going to ALL DAY kindergarten in the fall!
I'm going to miss you so much!
You are still a sweetie, but you have some silly little character traits that all fall under the category of
LAZY LAYS
"I don't like walking!"
"My feet/ankle/legs/back hurt, I need you to carry me up the stairs!"
"I don't know how to clean my room!"
"I can't eat that! It takes too much chewing!"
"I'm too tired to wake up!"

You like to use the phrase- "You betcha!" We love it!
You still say good morning Mommy, if I let you wake up on your own.
If I don't stop him, you can still get whatever you want from your Daddy.
You miss your friends a lot.
You talk about them all the time.
I don't know what we'd do if your cousin Grace didn't live down the street!

6:30AM
We surprised her with a little table and chairs.
She has been wanting one forever!




She requested
pink
princess
pancakes
 This shot is when she opened her "Tangled"
DRESS!!!!!!!
 She may not look excited about the Popsicle molds, but she loves them!
We had to immediately make some for her Birthday dinner tonight!
 She was soooooo excited about everything!
We played Tea Party all morning!
Yep, all this happened before most of you were awake!
Sometimes I'm jealous you're sleeping, and sometimes I like thinking "I'm already done with all my morning chores when you haven't even started!"










We Love You Lays!

P.S. The other day we went to LUNCH with Tom for the kids Birthdays.

  












13 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwww HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Layla.
    She's very cute and I'm glad she gets treated special by her Dad amongst all those boys.
    We could hardly hear her with all the boys yelling and wanting to drag her away, sweet thing.
    I hope her day is great.
    Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THE BIRTHDAY SURPRISES!! what cute table and chairs and dishes and dress for Rapunzel!! I love the pics of the blossoms/ we are so far a way from having any yet. Happy Birthday Layla, we love you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Layla already looks different. That is making me cry a little bit... Great pics. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutest little girl EVER! Happy Birthday Lays! Looks like she had a very special day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Bday Lays! You are my favorite niece in the whole entire world. I love you and miss you tons!

    Haha I like Hen in the background sitting at the big table all alone. :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also... I like to think of how busy you are when I am just barely waking up. I would like to say well rested...but at least I am still in bed!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Layla! I just want to let you know Em when I look at pictures of your family scattered across DC I can't help but smile. My heart is full and so happy for your big adventure. It makes me miss home, your kids are so lucky to be there and see and taste all that happens in the capital!

    Yes, yes we are coming to see you. I'll email you this week and figure out where in the are you are. My family is in Woodbridge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS- The pictures with Lays and the cherry blossoms awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Layla. It looks like it was a wonderful day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy birthday you little sweetie pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cutie! I'm sure glad I let Laken look at these pictures. Now conveniently, she wants a tangled dress and a new tea set for her birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the pictures in the dress and the Happy Birthday video. what a fun day for Layla. love to all of you - party month!!!

    ReplyDelete