Friday, March 4, 2011

The long long long long long trip with some highs and lows.

Ahhhhhhhhh!
For starters, we had to leave way late cause of the van stuff.
We were packed in there like pack rats, and I truly felt like a HOARDER, nothing was organized, it was just too much stuff!

Yep, we had our dog with us too. I had a Doggy "febreeze" that I sprayed on her when it got too bad. 

Day 1. We went from Boise to Tom's cousins house in the Salt Lake area. I want to say a specific town, but I'm sure I'll be wrong and Tom will make fun of me for it. We love Trent and Lichelle's family. I didn't get my camera out, but really wish I had. Our kids have such a blast with theirs. Kurt and Beth, and company, met us while we were there, and we got to say Goodbye to them. I swear we took pics, but it must have been with Kurt's camera. Hey Kurt...
is everyone sick of reading that I want them to send me pics yet?
Day 2. We woke up to find out that the roads were closed! So we spent the morning going and buying chains, and some wood cause Lays accidentally busted her cousins Puppet Theatre. Trent and Lichelle were so cool about it, but I insisted on picking up the wood to relieve my stress level which was rather high at this point. I was so worried that we weren't going to make it in time cause we had to be at our new house on Saturday to sign for our stuff, or they wouldn't bring it back till Monday, which was Tom's first day and, as a side note, Valentines day! I just read that, and HELLO run on sentence, but I think it shows how I was feeling. Anyways, the roads opened up at noon, and we took off shortly after that, but the weather was so crummy that we only got to Laramie Wyoming that day.
Day 3. Yep on day three we were out of the Hotel before 7 and it was -28*F. Yuck! I was holding Zepp's metal dog dish for like 20 seconds and almost pulled a less funny "Christmas Story" it was so cold. 
By the way, did you know how flat the middle of the country is? For like EVER!

Dad, this shot's for you!

And these pics are just for me.

At this point we were all going nutty. The top pics are of the glow sticks.
Henry loved them.

Did you know there was a place called Santa Clause.
it's all a blur, but on the 3rd night we stayed a ways outside of St. Louis.

Kurt that ones for you, and then we finally saw the castle that meant we were at Jacklyn and Ramsey's house!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack was shocked to find a naked Henry in her oven,
 and I do remember you said something
like- "Wow, my kids have never done anything like that before!"
Good job Henners.

Awwwwww. Aren't they adorable? Or as Jack would probably like to say "darling!"

Cute kids, hey what size of shoes are we looking at?

Logan fancied himself a musician.

I love my sister!


O.k., so the funniest part of this trip is that we hit some toll roads.
here is how it went down-
We were driving through some hills and right as we were turning around a sharp corner we saw like 20o feet in front of us was a toll booth.
Tom- "We'll just use our card."
Me- "I thought the sign said cash only."
Tom- "No it said no cash."
can you tell we were totally spent?
Toll booth guy- "Cash only." 
So we scrounged for way too long and found $2.00 in change.
Toll booth guy- "Sorry about your team, that was a sad game."
"THANKS"
So we go driving down the road glad we squeaked that one out. Never thinking that 30 minutes later, far away on the horizon
there would be another BOOTH!
SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT!
Tom- "Oh no! Emily, what do we do?"
Me- "I don't... wait! Logan has his stash of money in the car. I just have to go-
past the 50 foot tall mess of stuff,
slide in next to my sleeping Lay's, which just so happens to be
on top of Logan(who instantly starts freaking out about the "added weight"),
and dig in the trunk,
under Tom's suits(which I tossed on Lays who woke up screaming),
and through every single other persons stuff!"
Well to make a long story short, I didn't find it in time, and If you want me to paint you a picture, just picture me shoved upside down at the bottom of the trunk and almost falling out face first when Tom puts it in park, and opens the trunks door so we could steal Logan's Birthday money he has been saving since September.
And by the way, the next day we opened one of our many little compartments in our van and
 4 $1.00 bills roll out!!!!!!!!


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pregnant shot of me. I have been carefully avoiding cameras for months. I will call you Claudia. All the same I'm glad that you came to visit for 4 hours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I look bad, you are glowing. I just had to put it in cause it shows how happy I was to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL toll roads! Welcome to the east coast!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. funniest story to date. I hope you can find it funny now too, that must have been a nightmare at the time being sleep deprived! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like it was a long, long, and sometimes scenic travel. so happy you got to stay with Jacklyn and family!!! sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL
    Funny alright.
    Man those toll booths will make you poor mate I'm telling you.
    I loved this post and am glad things are ok.
    This brings back memories...........love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I wish I had a video of you falling out of the trunk...that has got to be one of the funniest storries ever!!

    ReplyDelete