Friday, March 4, 2011

Washington D.C. is awesome!

So at first, for like three seconds, I really wanted to act cool, and like I belonged there, but then I realized that wasn't going to happen cause I am a nerdy camera happy mom, and proud of it!Poor Lays about 3 seconds after I took this shot she tried to run through the wrong slot(Logan's) after he did, and the things closed, and she hit her head, and landed on her little bum!!!!
It was equally sad, and funny.

Everyone on the metro was sick of me and my camera by the end of this photo shoot.


Once we got there we went to the Air and Space Smithsonian.
It was so cool, we could probably go there every weekend for 10 years and not see/read everything.


All Lays wanted to see was Amelia Earhart(because of "Night at the Museum 2), but when we got there she wouldn't pose for me cause a guy was there telling her whole life story. I have to just come out and admit it. We are all info nerds. All of us just stood there forever listening to him talk about her f-o-r-e-v-e-r.

We also saw this camera/T.v. that showed your body heat.  Before we saw it I kept asking/nagging Tom about why he was still wearing his jacket.
Me- "Aren't you hot?"
"What are you still wearing your jacket for?"
"Are you sure you want to wear your jacket?"
"Let me put your jacket in the stroller!"
 So when I saw the monitor I made him stand there so I could prove that I was right.
And I was.
So he took it off!
I know what you're thinking. I am a bit of a nag aren't I?

Then we went to the Natural History Museum.
It was so "T"amazing!




Did you know since Lays was even little-er she has always said the giraffe is her favourite?
The rest of the day she kept saying- "I saw TWO Mommy! I saw two giraffes!"






I asked the boys to act scared of the T-Rex face. So I zeroed in on their faces so I could ask you if you think they liked my nerdy idea.



Then we hoofed it up to the Washington Monument.
IT WAS SOOOOOOOO WINDY!!!!!!!!!!

We were almost falling over!  I decided to take a little video. It was almost over, but you can kind of see what it was like.





Man that thing is tall. We found out you can pre-order tickets for like $1.50, so if you come we will take you to the top!

This is us after the wind storm, and on our way home.

10 comments:

  1. SOLD I already want to come and visit you guys. I'll be polite and wait a bit. You look so happy in all your pictures like seriously. I'm reading them all and your so you and hilarious. I need your # cause I'm can't wait for you to dig it up, I know that just wont happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is making me SO excited to come and visit! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll be there most likely the end of June or early July, can you fit the Dille's in? By the way all of the pictures of the metro took me back to my HS days. I'm so excited for your little family and the amazing opportunity this is for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So some how this is the first out of your last 3 posted that I got a notice about?! I don't know what happened but I was so glad to read about everything! Sounds like all is well and you guys are settling in. You need to take pictures of your house inside and out. I want to see it :-) I miss you and I hope this next week is wonderful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that all looks so fun, I didn't know you had gone exploring already!! You must feel like you live somewhere else now. can't wait to come and visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun.
    You're so right, you could go to that air and space museum for 10 years and still not see everything.
    It's MASSIVE.
    I love that you're there and loving it.
    How much was it for your family to go via metro?

    ReplyDelete
  7. And so the adventures begin!!! Wish I were there with you...looks like so much fun! I agree with the you look so happy comment which makes me happy:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa, the metro is so affordable. All the kids are free, and tom and I were $9.00 for an all day pass.
    Nikki, No worries, I did like 243 posts in one day. I actually started with Christmas.
    Angie, I am sooooooo excited. We will be here then!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally broke down and read your blog. Still pretending that you didn't move...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! You moved?! I need to call you and catch up-it has been forever! Last time we talked, I was driving home from Washington D.C. Crazy. Email me your phone number so I can call you! kirstenspitzer@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete