Saturday, October 3, 2009

Logan is sooooooo old

Well, actually Logan makes me feel soooo OLD!
My sweet little boy is now eight years old, baptized,
and over 1/3 of my time living with him is over. I can't believe that just seven short years ago I could be found duct taping his p.j. pants to his shirt so he wouldn't rip off his diaper at night! Just six short years ago I was locking my doors with chains at the very top so he wouldn't escape out into the neighborhood at all hours. Five years ago I was trying to explain to him why even though the police man had given him a sticker, it was not o.k. for him to steal the car keys, push the kitchen chair over to the door, undo the chain lock, break out of the house, and try to start a parked motor bike (which so could have fell on him), while mommy was taking a nap! Four years ago I was marveling at the fact that my kid could already read small words, but could not figure out why he was not allowed to scale the fence and climb into the neighbors yard. Three years ago I could be found tearing up way more than I would like to admit, as I watched my little guy finally able to take off on his own to board the bus for his first day of kindergarten. Two years ago I got to follow in my mothers footsteps and make my little man his very own "first day of grade one" ginormous cookie! A year ago I was shocked to realize that my little guy was old enough to give an oral report in school. This year I was blessed to see my very own kid get Baptized a member of "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints." What an awesome experience. When he had his interview, the Bishop asked him "Do you want to be Baptized because your parents want you too?" Logan told me he said "No, I want to because I know the Church is true!" What more could I ask for?





I just had to add a few pics to this.
We had a fun party for Logan at the pool.

5 comments:

  1. I frankly can't believe it! Aren't we still supposed to be like 15 or something painting your dresser with insiders? Logan is one crazy kid, but sounds like you are doing a great job. That post below made me laugh out loud, the weather part made it especially amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um.... when were you going to tell me that you started a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. your doing a fab job with the blogging. I haven't read one that did make me laugh.... Out loud yet. I'm suprised you had anymore kids after Logan, what a terror. But he is so sweet now. I better call & fix all those slang dirty american words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I love that I remember all of those stages of the Logan man

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I absolutely adore this one!! What amazing years you have had with Logan!! Cherish them.. love all of you, Mom

    ReplyDelete